Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Small and Large

I like to have a bit of conceptual fun.

I coined a word for a googleplex googleplexes: the jest. A jest jests? infinity, basically. I mean, why not, right? It's just too damn big a number. A googleplex is more than the number of atoms in the universe.

But let's deal with elementary particles. A photon has no mass. E=mc2 means that matter can be converted to energy. But apparently, energy can't be converted back to mass. Why is that? I bet a photon must have SOME minuscule amount of mass. Otherwise, how would we see it? Does it have volume? What is it that's bouncing off our eyes, when we perceive it? Or is a photon not an it at all? It's a particle and a wave? Does that mean it's a particle that travels in a wavy path? Is the medium that light flows through shaking? If God is light, what is God?

So if we had a jest jests number of universes, how many photons would it take to fill them all?
:-)

Hmm.
Our known universe is...
Start counting, lol. Let's just call it a glorb. If a glorb existed, would there be any darkness? Would all black evil be erased forever, lol?

If a photon actually doesn't have mass, then I proffer this question: How many neutrinos would it take to fill a universe? (Neutrinos are eerie particles from outer space. Tiny, nearly massless and electrically neutral, they penetrate matter with ease. And I lowered the number of universes, to make the problem more "manageable," lol. ) Is a jest a reasonable guess?

The Facts
Okay, here's what Wikipedia says: a googol is 10 to the hundredth power (a 1 with a hundred zero's after it, I think), which is: 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

A googleplex is 1 with a google zero's after it.
I have no idea how many zeros are in the number jest (a googleplex googleplexes) :-)

In the documentary Cosmos, physicist and broadcast personality Carl Sagan estimated that writing a googolplex in numerals (i.e., "1,000,000,000...") would be physically impossible, since doing so would require more space than the known universe occupies.

A googol is useful when comparing with other incredibly large quantities such as the number of subatomic particles in the visible universe or the number of possible chess games.

A jest is just insane, but then again, I suppose I am. If I wasn't, I wouldn't hear a voice, or think I was God, or have to take 16k worth of medications/yr, right? Mentally ill is the term, actually. Insanity is a verdict, and a legal term. No wonder we get a bad rap. I'm okay, you're okay, lol.

You know, I hate to say it, but infinity is a stupid concept. It doesn't exist. It's like a jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jest jests, plus one, alright? You catch what I'm saying? And what would that number factorial be? (still less than infinity?) I guess we could call it a blog. Oh, that's been taken. We better know all the words of all the languages in the universe before we start naming things, if we want to keep a semblance of association between words and their representative things, and avoid confusion. Well, I suppose it does exist, on second thought. How could space have any limit? And maybe you could go in the other direction. You could get smaller and smaller without disappearing. And time, too. Eternity never ends.

Philosophically, this gets me thinking. What if a googleplex doesn't exist? What if you were counting the number of possible relationships between every particle and entity in the known universe (even if we knew it to be much bigger), like between every quark and every star and every atom and every human and every species and every solar system? Like 3 objects would have 4 relationships: the 3 sides of the triangle and the threesome. This is called a factorial, I think. The factorial of 5 is 10 (a star in a pentagon)? No. That's just counting pairs; sorry. The one fivesome and the 5 foursomes and the 10 threesomes are also in there, though, I think. So 5 objects have 26 relationships.. A googol is around a factorial of 70. Is everything all just One, anyway? That makes more sense than infinity. There might be separateness, though. Of every relationship that CAN exist, is there a relationship that DOES exist?

There's a guy, Cantor, who calls Absolute Infinity God.
Which reminds me of Monty Python's the meaning of life: "Oooh, God, you are SO big!" For the record, I'm 6'1 and weigh 204 lbs. My name in Spanish is Isai.

But let's get down to brass tacks. (lol -what the heck does that mean?) So do numbers exist? They refer to concepts which exist, or to describe properties of groups of objects that exist, but it seems zero and infinity don't exist. Infinity, unless you're measuring space, doesn't exist. And zero...well, maybe it could exist if antimatter wiped out everything in existence or something. That would be the old existential concept of Nothingness. It's theoretical. And then there's One. Possibly the only number that does exist, that simply counts everything as a whole. Does 2 exist? That seems stupid. It takes two, baby. And baby makes three. I'm suddenly into genetics. If you're baby grew up to make three.. Anyway, we perceive separateness, and rightly so. You'd have to be a complete moron not to, right? So numbers seem to exist. Maybe I'm big enough of a moron to consider everyone an extension of a single source. I like trippy thoughts. "No one is really themselves, anymore" the dead milkmen sing. My grandpa was a milkman. Maybe there's more than one source. Two is the dualistic view. Pantheism seems to be the reality. You don't have to be a God to be a number, though (ha). I bet there's only a limited number of sources. Couldn't tell ya how many. Maybe 7 billion. Or like a few dozen or something. Who knows.

Sorry for going on like this.

Just trying to have a little fun, maybe clarify something in my head. Mental masturbation, if you will. If you write a comment, I won't be so all alone.

No comments: