Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, July 4, 2008

God in hell

Heaven is a reward, hell is a punishment; for obeying God's will or disobeying it (they say)..

So if God disobeys his own law, does he go to hell?

Disobeying God is called sin. People think it's just the ten commandments, but it's also a bunch of other stuff in the old testament, like not eating squid or getting tattoos.

1 John 3:4 says sin is transgression of the law.
I think the law is a completely fluid, human, and ridiculous thing. It is applied unevenly, enforced unfairly, interpreted endlessly, and constantly edited/added to, subtracted from. It also varies significantly from city to city, state to state, country to country, and culture to culture. Any attempt to create a universal theistic morality, whether in the bible, or Koran (Shariah), or the UN declaration of human rights, or whatever, is probably just nonsense. One thing we can all agree on is that we disagree. Everybody's different. Every household has it's own laws, and pretty much every individual has his or her own morality. We form our cliques, cults, religions, and states, and live under different bodies of law. I think we should all choose what laws we subject ourselves to.

I have my own morality, and I'm saying I'm God. But I also say you're God, too. So, if anybody in the world disagrees with any particular moral stance or precept, then you're a sinner. That's what "Nobody's Perfect" means: You can't please everyone.

I absolutely believe that when you die, you're dead, that's it. Kaput, finished. No eternal life, no heaven, no hell, no limbo, no purgatory, no nothing. Oblivion. Worms will eat your brain, and you will not have consciousness. So when the bible says "The preaching of the cross to them that perish is foolishness," I say yeah, if Christian evangelization is "preaching the cross," then that's foolishness, because everybody dies/perishes.

Apparently, that means I'm in danger of hellfire:
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

I'm really not that fond of Jesus.

Is that what my headshocks are? hellfire? The bible also says it's all vanity, absurdity, nonsense. So bring it on. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord; yet Thou shalt not kill. So God is a bastard that torments people who disobey him for eternity? Or is he a hypocrite? Maybe there is no God, except the word God: "and the word was God." The word refers to a concept, and the concept only becomes reality if we make ourselves God, so if you obey your own laws, you won't go to hell. Lack of hypocrisy and maintaining integrity are the key to heaven, it seems.

And the standard line is, There's a battle within all of us between love and hate; when love (God) wins, you'll be happy: Love is a battlefield (after hate has been vanquished?). Purify yourself, be good, love all serve all. Love believes all things.  Does love believe in hell?

Jesus supposedly went down to hell. Well, duh. Unless he was a masochist who had a grand ol' time up there on the cross, I would say the crucifixion was most likely pretty hellish. What's hell? Excruciating pain agony suffering torment misery and anguish, and not knowing if it will ever end. Heaven and hell are all in the mind, I think Milton said.

I've suffered a bit, too. Being in a straitjacket thinking you might die is not the most pleasant thing. Ugh.

By the way, the army medic Joseph Dwyer in the photograph above died on July 4, 2008. When I was at Davis, there was an antimilitary peace activist who considered medics killers, too -because they helped get wounded soldiers back on the battlefield, to kill again.

As for REAL HELL, that's RSD.  Read the facts at:  www.rsdhope.org   www.rsds.org   or   www.rsdrx.com   

i'll share a few of the stats with you:  RSD is the most painful condition known to man - bone cancer being a 27 on the McGill pain scale and RSD being ranked a 42.  75-88% of RSD patients end up committing suicide to escape the pain.  11% of those remaining 12-25% end up in a wheelchair or bedbound.   

No comments: