Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

MD by JT

Well, good morning, all.  Up before 4a, this morning, no alarm.  Listening to whrb jazz.  Had breakfast, took my vitamins.   Honey greek yogurt, apple juice, peppered salami.  Multivitamin, fish oil, and astragalus.  Oatmeal, ryze mushroom coffee, and gundry plant shake (hemp, flaxseed, spirulina), chocolate flavored.  Look at bank statement.  120 Push-ups.   Flash briefing (amazon echo).   NYT and Economist.  Email.  3 library books and Bertrand Russell’s HOWP.  Walk Snoopy and Shelby.  Hot shower, laundry.  Check blog statistics (4p), record on calendar.  All punctuated by Chambers Dictionary, YouTube, and trivia cards! Lunch and dinner plan?  Salad from sushi secrets, and Veg burrito from the taco truck (El Manantial, on San Pablo), maybe.  New month, which means pay Edgar my rent/ utilities/ wifi.  Can't forget: Brush, floss, and rinse! (2x/day).   -My day, by Jesse Teshara

busy, busy!

occasionally, I watch a daily Mass on YouTube, or just sit (meditate).    Sometimes I get a small coffee with cream and a chocolate chip cookie, warmed up, from Starbucks.   Or go to Trader Joe's, or the BFP (Berkeley Food Pantry).

interesting bits:  hellscape is a new word (vs. Elysian Fields: meadows and groves for the favored dead, filled with sunlight and fresh air); nuage means 'cloud' in French (not New Age); a little tune can be a little too looney toons ('Schizophrenia' by Sonic Youth?); Chat GPT - a couple cats: Greg T and Peg T;  I might actually buy a Hicc-away device (for getting rid hiccups); The first atomic bomb, on Hiroshima,  Little Boy, was (equivalent of) 15 kilotons (of TNT);   Humans have created 9.5 Billion tonnes of plastic (so far); 1 metric tonne is about 1.1 "short" tons;  In Madagascar, there was (now extinct) a 9 foot tall, 1000 pound, "elephant bird" (a new angle on Big Bird, from Sesame Street. They were ratites, but not related, of course, to rats or elephants); God is infinite: death is forever (Grave Of Darkness); 'Deity' can be deconstructed into You DIE Too;  SIDA is spanish for AIDS, si, da (yes, yes);  comedians in Doha (haha); Berkeley Square is in London, actually; 'Harlem' by Langston Hughes is the poem with "dream deferred" (does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?); I like the poem, "Dirge without music" by Edna St. Vincent Millay (I get a poem in my email, daily, from the Poetry Foundation);  MA and MP, Mahsa Amini and the Morality Police (community standards change!); my voice said, 'You and I are God, Jesse.'  I am what I eat:  I do eat nuts.

TRIVIA:  trivial pursuit (original game, volume II, genus II, genus III, genus IV, genus 5, modern, vintage, 60's, 80's, totally 80's, 90's, silver screen, food and drink, Harry Potter, Star Wars, LOTR (lord of the rings), 20th anniversary, family edition, baby boomer, young, millennium), non TP (themes: wikipedia, people magazine, bible, SF, USA, bizarre facts/games room, jeopardy deck, dumb ass, music, 80's/90's, hasbro), Books (3 uncle john's bathroom readers, pub quiz, amazing facts), Audiobook (fun knowledge encyclopedia), Online: J! (the Jeopardy archive), Snapple facts, U-Haul trivia, etc., Apple Watch ("trivia crack").  And "trivia sense" cards.  My roommate Michael called my card collection "a wall".   I consider it more a collection of doors. Conspicuous omission of sports trivia (I don't know it and I don't care that much).

No comments: