Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Impeach

TRUMP

Impeachment.  Why does it have peach in it?  Mm, peaches (and mints!). Well, it would be sweet, so to speak, at least from how I see things.

Hamilton described impeachment in terms of trust.  A president being worthy of impeachment is a consequence of violating the public trust (and not necessarily a result of criminal behavior).  Trump violates the public trust every day.   To me, it seems almost nothing he says is true.  The media keeps track of all his lies.  There’s a list a mile long.  An average of 22 falsehoods a day!  That, in itself, is impeachable.
Right?

Maybe you could say he’s an idiot, and isn’t lying, in the sense of intentional deception.  But how could he not know that soliciting campaign help from Ukraine against Biden is almost the same thing as the collusion of his campaign with Russia to get possible dirt on Hillary, that was in the news endlessly, as the subject of the Mueller report?
He couldn’t possibly be that stupid, could he?  
    I’m afraid he could.  He’s possibly the most foolish president ever, it seems to me.  And guilty as sin.  Unless he doesn’t have a conscience.  Which is entirely possible.

So he’s damned if he did, and damned if he didn’t.  And that’s fine with me.  And that's not even including the emoluments, the obstruction of justice, extortion/bribery, etc etc.  (coercion, solicitation, campaign finance, honest services fraud, witness intimidation, conspiracy).  Abuse of power.  High crimes and misdemeanors is not.... listening to Missy Elliot in Crimea while high.  Ha.  I really hope Trump is at least sane.  The reported "meltdown" is not encouraging.  

Anyway,
I look forward to a Warren or Bernie or Buttigieg presidency (I’m not crazy about Biden, but he’s still better).   Someone who cares, with an actual brain between his (or her) ears.  Not this clown who doesn’t give a fuck about the poor or the environment or the truth or morality and ethics.  Or blue states, just out of spite.  Or science, or reading actual books, or the dignity of his office (tweets? really?).

I don’t like the man.  He's a criminal and a hypocrite and a racist rapist.  Rape!  He’s fat and ugly and a bully.  He lies.  He thinks he’s a mobster.  And he doesn’t read books.  Aside from rape, that’s what did it, for me.  Books are essential for any leader or role model.  They are a force for good.  They are evidence of curiosity, engagement, a love of learning.   A president should read the Economist, the Christian Science Monitor, the New York Times, Foreign Affairs…. What about a blog?  That would be far more substantive than soundbites and memes from stupid tweets from twits.  At least, that’s my perspective.  And whatever happened to the President's council on Physical Fitness?  A president should be healthy, strong, fit, well.  He should do yoga or something.  So it goes.

No comments: