Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, October 19, 2019

9 quotes

an eclectic mix:
spells, if you like-

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.  He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.  This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once.  Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action!  It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."  -Einstein (he also said he doesn't believe in the god of theology that rewards good and punishes evil)

Fritz Haarman, the "vampire of Hanover" (who murdered hundreds), said, as last words before his punishment of decapitation by the sword, "Deliver me from this life, which is torment.  I will curse my father, and go to my execution as if it were a wedding."

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Bernard M. Baruch

"I have from an early age abjured the use of meat.  And the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." -Leonardo da Vinci

"Kill one man, and you are a murderer.  Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror.   Kill them all, and you are a God." -Jean Rostand

"I was in the war. I know how to kill.  I was over there.  I know how to do it.  I've done it before.  It's no big deal.  You just make an adjustment.  You convince yourself it's all right.   That's all.  It's easy.  You just slaughter them."  -Sam Shepard

"Kill them all.  Let God sort them out" -Arnaud Almaric, Roman Catholic papal legate and cistercian abbot.  
(caedite eos.  Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.)  (wow, huh?)

"Spread love everywhere you go.  Let no one come to you without leaving happier." 
 -Mother Teresa

"I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world."
-Mother Teresa

No comments: