Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Sanity and Music

Is anyone on earth sane?










Wikipedia link to Sanity

Sanity quotes
The body must be repaired and supported, if we would preserve the mind in all its vigor. -Pliny the Younger

There is no better ballast for keeping the mind steady on its keel, and saving it from all risk of crankiness, than business. -James Russell Lowe

I used to be able to make all my other circumstances subservient to my art. I admit, however, that by so doing I became a bit crazy. -Ludwig van beethoven

Ordinarily he is insane, but he has lucid moments when he is only stupid. -Heinrich Heine

Every man has a sane spot somewhere. -att'd to Robert Louis Stevenson

Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be! -Miguel de Cervantes

Of course, in an age of madness, to expect to be untouched by madness is a form of madness. But the pursuit of sanity can be a form of madness, too. -Saul Bellow

The statesmen of the world who boast and threaten that they have Doomsday weapons are far more dangerous, and far more estranged from 'reality,' than many of the people on whom the label 'psychotic' is affixed. -R.D. Laing

I am quite sure that a good number of 'cures' of psychotics consist in the fact that the patient has decided, for one reason or other, once more to play at being sane. -R.D. Laing

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. -Carl Gustav Jung

Sanity is not truth. Sanity is conformity to what is socially expected. Truth is sometimes in conformity, sometimes not. -Robert M. Pirsig

The way it is now, the asylums can hold the sane people, but if we tried to shut up the insane we should run out of building materials. -att'd to Mark Twain

And no treatment of sanity would be sane without the music, so here's 21 songs to help you on your quest (although Roy Masters said on the radio once that listening to music (too much?) was a form of insanity, itself):



Did all that help you answer my question? lol.

Let's see; wisdom gleaned: the mind is a function of a healthy body, busy-ness, proper prioritization....insanity is viewed as worse than stupidity...talking about sanity evokes weird metaphors ("a sane spot"?...insane in 98% of the membrane, lol)..including TOO MUCH SANITY can be a form of madness... and everyone is touched by it because we live in an insane age (historically, when was it sane? and how soon can it be, again)...psychotic is a label that means next to nothing in the bigger picture, where esteemed leaders have fingers on doomsday buttons...sanity and insanity can be roles to play (and most often are?)...some of us want to be insanely sane...but there's a risk that some (relatively) insane person(s) will try to cure you. You can be in pursuit of truth, or pursuit of conformity/community, in your pursuit of happiness, and they may take different paths. Consensus reality might not actually be (as real as it should be?).

Bugs Bunny Goes Insane:

No comments: