While getting my medication adjusted, lately,
I came across this list of 18 quotes from 4 to 8 year-olds, answering the question of
"What does love mean?"
1. "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis, too. That's love."
2. When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
3.Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
4. Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making you give any of theirs.
5.Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.
6. Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is okay.
7.Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss.
8.Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
9. If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.
10. Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it every day.
11. Love is like a little old woman an a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.
12. Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken.
13. Love is when mommy sees dadd smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.
14. Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.
15. I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.
16. When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
17. Love is when mommy sees daddy on the toilet and doesn't think it's gross.
18. You really shouldn't say I love you unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it alot. People forget.
I just wanted to pass this on. Maybe it's a bit too cutesy. I have to say I like the adult list, below, better. My wife thinks at least some of these (supposed) quotes might be contrived.
11 hours ago