Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
Ladies- I'm a single, straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 51) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

God replies to Tom Honey

I listened to his TED lecture; LINK

It's a bit soporific, but appreciated nonetheless.
Here are my answers to his questions:

How did I allow the tsunami?
I "allow" people to die. I "allow" earthquakes of all sizes.
And I "allow" all to ow.
There is no afterlife heaven, or soul to go there, and creating this construct of a God who will protect everyone and "allow" them into heaven is incredibly naive, and does not mesh with my nature, at all, as I have been a tormented soul, so to speak, to the point of getting a smidgen of pleasure from death and destruction, although I'd just as soon have everybody enjoy long healthy lives, including me, free from torment, which doesn't seem to be in the cards, unfortunately. I think the devil may have stolen the pleasure card from the deck. Only God is good, and sinners are in the hands of an angry God (I crack my knuckles alot).

1) vicar...20 years..I have an aunt named Vicki/a mother with initials AR, and T (the 20th letter) is a cross.

2) almighty? I can't do alot. Maybe I shouldn't believe in my own powerlessness.
(They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. Tom Honey might need to fall in love.)

3) I'm knowable. But what are the odds, right?

4) I'm half my mother; my feminine side

5) a universal (catholic) search for meaning. The mean is mean.

6) my wife's maternal grandmother died around the time of the tsunami.

7) shit happens, and we all die

8) I feel your pain and torment, sometimes, to a point. At least that's one way of interpreting my headshocks, chestpains, and voice.

9) I am a bit cold and indifferent, unfeeling.. I'm tired of my schizophrenia. My wife thinks apathy is an effect of my medications.

10) Maybe I am connected to every living soul. I don't believe in souls, or ghosts, or spirits, but maybe there is a "spiritual" reality (like vibes, telepathy, radio waves) that unites me to y'all. You feel me, dawg?

11) we're all God.

12) Sara and I have found the perfect parking space. We had just read the Secret. The universe rearranges itself around your wishes, it says. (Btw, having lived in SF I thought tsunamis were cool, growing up, wondering if they could ever happen to our city. So maybe I did cause it. Death as an unintended consequence? Doubt, questioning, uncertainty, I don't know, perhaps).

13) My last name anagrams to 'as earth' What's in a name?

14) The tsunami was a release of earthly tension. It's just physics.
(Btw, when you incorporate yourself into the physics of the world/clear your head, things happen that seem spiritual, and reality comes alive, which is what we often call the divine.)

15) God is everything, good and bad, but god is a way of seeing the brighter side, for most. Unless you're a satanist. In which case Satan is good and God evil. God doesn't care if you call him Satan. It's all good, some people say. What if you don't eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, right? Evil can be flavorful.

16) Puppet master? Maybe god wants you to cut the strings. Or he delegates his puppeteering when his fingers get tired. Celestial policeman? Earth is in the heavens, and my laws are enforced unevenly, according to karma, guilt of the offender, and the Big Picture. And maybe a few other factors, like luck or whim or circumstance. Fate. Partiality? Everyone dies as a mere blip on the screen of eternity. Religious communities are formed to help their members, so an us/them superiority mentality can often result, which I disapprove of, by the way. Genetic fitness is the Higher Law. Everyone is not an expendable unit in a great campaign, though; we're all just here, all good. We are ruled by love, we have a good identity; only behaviors differ.

17) Maybe a God invented our universe, and bears the ultimate moral responsibility for both pleasure and pain. I'm not that old. Thank God.
18) I'm a super human.
19) indwelling compassionate soul of the universe; sure, why not. As the Dead Milkmen sang, Now Everybody's Me!
20) I'm benevelent, doctrinally, but an angry s.o.b. very often within.
21) my inner conversation is drugged to death, I hate my voice, and I pray/prey.
Feed your head, and Yum, meat.
22) namaste (name as T; a burden, a cross)
23) i have a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
(But oftentimes whoever's in my head needs to know things.)

No comments: