Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Love quotes I like


33 quotes, or as George H.W. Bush would say: points of light.
Love can be dark, though.

From Robert G. Ingersoll
1.Love is the only bow on life's dark cloud.It is the Morning and the Evening Star.It shines upon the cradle of the babe,and sheds its radiance upon the quiet tomb.It is the mother of Art,inspirer of poet, patriot, and philosopher.It is the air and light of every heart, builder of every home,kindler of every fire on every hearth.It was the first to dream of immortality.It fills the world with melody,for Music is the voice of Love.Love is the magician, the enchanter,that changes worthless things to joy,and makes right royal kings and queens of common clay.It is the perfume of the wondrous flower -- the heart and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon,we are less than beasts;but
with it, earth is heaven and we are gods. (italics mine)

Robert Heinlein-
2.Love is a condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own

Roy Croft-
3.I love you
Not only for what you are
But for what I am
When I am with you

Rumi-
4.Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

Alfred Adler
5.We only regard those unions as real examples of love and real marriages in which a fixed and unalterable decision has been taken. If men or women contemplate an escape, they do not collect all their powers for the task. In none of the serious and important tasks of life do we arrange such a "getaway." We cannot love and be limited.

Alfred Tennyson-
6.I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Allan K. Chalmers
7.The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

Arthur Rubinstein
8.Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back

Bertrand Russell-
9.The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge.

Blaise Pascal-
10.The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of.

Chaucer-
11.For there is one thing I can safely say: that those bound by love must obey each other if they are to keep company long. Love will not be constrained by mastery; when mastery comes, the God of love at once beats his wings, and farewell -- he is gone. Love is a thing as free as any spirit; women naturally desire liberty, and not to be constrained like slaves; and so do men, if I shall tell the truth.

Don Byas-
12. You call it madness, but I call it love.

Elie Wiesel
13. The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.

Emily Dickenson-
14.That Love is all there is, Is all we know of Love.

Erich Fromme-
15.Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."
Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."I
mmature love says: "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."

Franklin P. Jones-
16.Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile

HH Dalai Lama-
17.-Responsibility does not only lie with the leaders of our countries or with those who have been appointed or elected to do a particular job. It lies with each of us individually. Peace, for example, starts within each one of us. When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us.

18.-We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.

Hazrat Inayat Khan-
19.The sage said, "The best thing is not to hate anyone, only to love. That is the only way out of it. As soon as you have forgiven those whom you hate, you have gotten rid of them. Then you have no reason to hate them; you just forget. -spiritual dimensions of psychology

Herman Hesse-
20.You know quite well, deep within you, that there is only a single magic, a single power, a single salvation...and that is called loving. Well, then, love your suffering. Do not resist it, do not flee from it. It is your aversion that hurts, nothing else.

Jean Baptiste Henry Lacordaire -
21.We are the leaves of one branch, the drops of one sea, the flowers of one garden.

Jimi Hendrix-
22.When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

Jonathan Swift-
23.We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.

Margaret Anderson-
24.In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person.

Mark Twain-
25.Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century

Mary Parrish-
26.Love vanquishes time. To lovers, a moment can be eternity, eternity can be the tick of a clock.

Oscar Hammerstein, II-
27.Do you love me because I'm beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me?

Paul Tillich-
28.The first duty of love is to listen.

Pearl S. Buck
29.The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.

Rumi-
30.Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.

spanish proverb-
31.Where there is love, there is pain.

Ursula K. LeGuin-
32.Love doesn't just sit there like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new.

Willa Cather-
33.Where there is great love, there are always miracles.

I wrote another post of (different) love quotes on 6/23/08

No comments: