Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, October 9, 2023

Open Mind

All are welcome, come on in

 I just ate a steak.   I fried it in a pan in the kitchen.  On the plate, I put bbq sauce.  Then I ate a sleeve of LU little schoolboy cookies.   And a package of dark chocolate turtles.  I am sated.  You could say I’m Satan, too.   I mean, I shouldn’t be eating meat.  And I’m a sugar addict.   The doctor said I was pre diabetic, so I’m supposed to be losing weight.   I’ve now gained some.   So my integrity is lacking, you could say.   My self-control.   My morality, my conscience.  Well, nobody’s perfect.  I did 200 pushups, earlier.   I should keep going, now, after.  I heard a fight outside my window last night, between 3 raccoons, in the driveway, around 2:30am.  This was after going to bed around 1a, after listening to Hearts of Space, like I do most Sundays (10p-mid, KALW), with my roommate Michael, on my Amazon Echo smart-speaker (“Alexa”; She’s not very smart, if you ask me).   Anyway, I walked Snoopy and Shelby today.  90 minutes of exercise.  I was expecting rain, the phone said 50% chance, but it didn’t.   I bought a slice of pizza, afterward, from North Beach pizza (pepperoni and sausage), plus an apple juice (martinelli’s, in a bottle shaped like an apple).  Blog got 73 page-views today.   168 on Saturday, 35 on Sunday.  I check the stats every day at 5p.  Last month had much heavier traffic.  It has its ups and downs.  I’m celebrating my aunt Rose’s birthday on Sunday.   She was born in 1937.  63+23=86.  I’m 52.  I was born in 1971.  29+23=52.  I’m a virgo boar.  And I know, I can be boring.   But I like to think of whatever’s clever.  Like memes or spells or insights or poetic phrasing, in addition to the latest personal journalling from my life.

Exciting! 

War!  Murder, killing, bloodshed, violence, cruelty, revenge, hell, evil, madness!!  From the Holy Land, which has gotten maybe slightly less holy of late, you could say.  And Trump is insane.  Biden?  Well, he’s better than Trump - is all I have to say.   There is just so much goddamned madness going on in the world, with the censoring and voter-suppressing and childish fractious Republican party, and Putin/Ukraine, and China/Uighers, and the climate, and hunger.   40% of humanity is subsisting on less than $2 a day, and there are like 1100 billionaires with more money than anyone can possibly figure out how to spend, even if they wanted to.  You have to hire people to spend your money (And like ten people have over $100B).  Geezus.  I just bought a lottery ticket.  So maybe I’ll be a billionaire, too.   Make sure the entire world has clean water.    That’s a good place to start.   Food, shelter, clothing.  And everyone knows how to read, and then has access to libraries.   That’s a priority, in my view.  Healthcare should be universal, a human right.  Have I gotten boring?


Sex! Sex!

Everybody’s favorite activity.  I have nothing to say about it.  Better than masturbating, right?


God!

Ah, yes.   What I’ve expounded on, at length, if not interminably.  I think the matrix is real.   Like a mind overlaid on top of reality.  Like God knows where the cockroaches are, in my room, even in the dark.   And when I closed my eyes the other day, I saw a cursor.   I thought, what are you up to?  And then two up arrows appeared.  Is that madness, or sanity?  Interesting, no?  The blobs of light when my eyes are closed sometimes form shapes, too.  They resolve into something insightful.  Is it wrong of me to enjoy and encourage visions but pathologize and resent sound/voices?  Maybe I should welcome all psychic intrusion, and never “mind” or keep an “open” mind, and go with the flow, stop fighting the interpenetration and come to the realization that none of us are separate, and life is social, always.  We are never alone.  My mother was schizophrenic, and I’m playing the role of God, and whatever happens is good and right, so let it go.  The matrix could be the Vatican, or Pentagon, or the corporate mind of a genius/geniuses, or even Alien (of the space variety).   Nation-states and corporations and religions...  Who knows?   All of the above, and more.   Keeps things interesting.  God plays lots of roles.   People have preferences, regarding their minds - which should be respected.   Privacy may not exist, but a request for silence should be obeyed, imo.  


Teshara and 'yetzer hara'

wikipedia says that rabbis believe "the greater the man, the greater his evil inclination"


ideas for how to spend money:

1. 3WD (third world development) : clean water and sanitation, peace, healthcare, libraries

2. books for prisoners, and tablets, and global literacy

        a rich data environment for everybody

          global internet, compiled trivia (J! plus everything else)

          chambers dictionary with sample sentences

          World Book encyclopedia, riverside Shakespeare, 

          NYT, Economist, CS Monitor, Foreign Affairs

          Award-winners (e.g. Hugo, Best American short stories)

             best sellers, most-requested, magazines

             Bloom Canon, 1001, 501, best kid books

3. plant trees (by the homeless in exchange for shelter?)

4. worthy charities (e.g. msf, UNHCR, Red Cross)

      msf= medicins sans frontieres = doctors without borders


$100B+ folks: Elon Musk (230), Jeff Bezos (213), Bernard Arnault (170), Bill Gates (125), Larry Ellison (123), Warren Buffett (120), Larry Page (117), Steve Ballmer (115), Sergei Brin (111), Mark Zuckerberg (100)


I really like Bill.   His TED talk, his Gates notes (I'm an insider), his philanthropy.  I read a biography of Elon.  Tesla is the safest auto ever built, I think.  And I like that he sent a Tesla out into space, lol.  We need trees.  I'm lobbying for trees.   And let's avert famine, of course.


Samuel Irving Newhouse Jr.  died, worth $130B.  You can't take it with you!

No comments: