Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Two Taco Tuesday

Vegetable friends

Do all animals suffer?
Does every krill feel trepidation in the belly of a whale?
What about all the chickens, being swept up by the scooper of death?
Or the cows, facing the piston-wielding reaper?

Maybe not.
The bible says (Lev 19:28) not to get tattoos.
So vegetarians getting tattoos is like an expression of solidarity with all the animals, feeling (an industrially minimized, grant you) last pang of pain, before being processed.
If God doesn’t want us to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?
Said the cannibal.

Mmm, eat.  Meet me at the butcher’s shop, lol.
Pork is a poor k (kill).  Porque?  Just because. 
Pigs, you know what your problem is?  You’re delicious.
My Chinese horoscope is the pig.
And my uncle was a cop.  Do pigs like donuts?  I bet they do.  Who doesn’t?
And my name (Jesse) means, the whole office of the eucharist.
Bite me, chew on that, gulp, swallow.   Bread become flesh.
Bread become flesh, flesh become bread.  Depth and breadth.
Breath, death, bred, meds, meth, opeth, seth…
Maybe I should eat a priest.  The body of christ.  Or christine.
Like a teenage Christ.  Christy.  Justice, for carnivores - what’s eating you?

Vegans get karma credit.  And maybe more energy, and better health, to boot!
Herbivores are meat, weirdly enough.  Which is obvious.   But if meat is made of plants, then there’s almost nothing wrong with eating meat, when you think about it.
Except the meat industry is ruthless and uncaring, and the animals suffer, without doubt.
Of course, the animals eaten probably wouldn’t be alive in the first place, if there wasn’t a demand…. And humans are omnivores, naturally - there’s no fighting it.

Well, there’s not much to it.  You can survive on fruits and veggies.  You can even be a body builder, on veggies.   If you have a mind to.  Let there be health, wealth, and happiness!  Fuck fast food burgers.  No more eating death.  I mean, the plants die, everyone dies, but plants don’t feel pain, and there’s not a China Study book detailing the health benefits of eating only meat.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  Maybe meat on special occasions, like the rest of the world, instead of the SAD standard American diet.  

I have a weakness for pastor tacos and steaks and pastrami or roast beef sandwiches.  But I have a strength of mind, and strong friends, and eating veggies is almost free, with the donations from the food pantry!  My cousin is vegetarian, too.  Eat your spinach, says Popeye.  Which is a gruesome name, I admit.  I don’t want to be militant, like Hitler, who is said to have been vegetarian, weirdly enough.  But I do want to be healthy and less immoral. 

No comments: