Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, May 22, 2020

Berkeley food pantry

Monthly 3 bags of groceries

It helps, everything helps.   I live below the poverty line.  I've been going awhile.  I didn't go last month, though.  I went today, expecting to leave without food, if the process was the same.  It's not. It's much better.  You pull a number, with a time on it, and come back, then.  You're not allowed to stay on the property.  I went to the park around the corner (10 minute walk), and read my phone for an hour, sitting under a tree.  I brought dog treats, which I gave to a grateful dog.  Made a friend.   Everybody gets the same thing, 3 bags, and a worker walked 2 of my bags to my bike, locked at the sidewalk, to keep it moving.   It's safe, much faster, and greatly appreciated.  

My dad asked what I got:  a gallon of milk, a carton of eggs, fruits and veggies (bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, raisins, strawberries, a mango;  potatoes, onion, lemon, lime, cherry tomatoes, zuccini, asparagus, green beans, bell peppers), thistle meals, pasta, a muffin,  a loaf of bread, delicious (hope brand) avocado cashew and almond dip,  peanut butter, rice.  Cans of pears, salmon, veggies, chickpeas, spaghetti sauce, and chicken.  Vegetable oil and bags of salad.  Frozen fish and a box of mini corn-dogs (also frozen).

I ride my bike on the sidewalk, if there are no pedestrians.  I ride my bike slowly, because if I go over a bump too quickly, I risk losing my pannier.  I have a (collapsible) basket, also.  It hangs off the rack over the back.   The people volunteering at the pantry have been nice to me.  I'm glad they're on the ball, with the covid-19 situation.  Thanks, you guys!

No comments: