Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Amazon Fail

Ugh

I ordered a pocket am/fm rechargeable radio.   The website says it was delivered.  It wasn't.  My Echo flashed it's yellow ring, to notify me of it's arrival, on Sunday, when the tracking says it was supposedly delivered.  And I immediately went to my front door when that happened.  And there WAS a package (from Amazon).  Except it was for the wrong address!  It had a different name and a different address on it (for across the street).  I brought it to the correct address, myself.  I was hoping by chance the house across from me got MY package, for a swap.  No one was home.   Amazon.com says that in rare cases, a package will notify as delivered when it really hasn't, and to wait 48 hours after reported delivery.   Which I did.  The messaging assistant says to wait 3 days.   So I waited one more day. Also, no dice.  So I tried to contact customer service.  The chatbot says "sorry it hasn't arrived" and "give me a minute".   I waited 5 minutes, and it just stopped there.  Left me hanging.  I couldn't type anything else.   So, the recourse would be actually talking to a human being with Amazon customer service.  They're not taking calls.  I'm out $30.56.   Who knows when I'll be able to rectify this.   They should refund the cost, AND re-send my radio.   Maybe the person who DID get it returned it to them.  This was (is) a nightmare of waiting, searching the website for the proper channel, and futility/frustration.  My time is valuable, too.  I've spent too much time on this.

It is obvious that the delivery person screwed up.  It would have been perfect, being notified instantly that my package was outside my door.  I'm fairly certain it wasn't stolen.  Our household has a camera for the front.   My landlord says he didn't see anything.  The tracking says it was placed in a secure location.   But the (wrong) package was left right outside my door, so that was also wrong, if anyone cares.  I did check around the entire front of the house, though.  In any case, my radio is a small item, and I expected it would fit inside the mailbox.   It's a Jesson brand radio.  My name is Jesse.  Which is kinda cool.   Another reason to take this personally. I should have had it delivered to a hub locker, maybe, but I don't remember being given that option.  It's not an essential item, so I can keep waiting.   But what a shit show, if you ask me.   Jeff Bezos is worth more than 111 billion dollars.  I have a kindle and an echo and subscribe to their music service.  They can afford to send me another effing radio.  I like having an old school radio (with earbuds), for walking.  I listen to kalx.  And this radio doesn't need batteries.   Well, I'm pretty sure someone else got a free radio.  This is another consequence of covid.   Fricking stupid germy chinese bat blood!  Such a huge global effect for such a small thing, no?  I will update this post with how the situation resolves.  I like Amazon.  But I'm not sure anyone who works for them will read this.  :-(

6pm.   Situation Resolved!!! I went over to the neighbor's house and asked if they got my package.  The guy said they got one, today - and it was mine!  I got lucky.  I gave him my card, with my blog on it.   Cool.  Now I'm free from the need to jump through any more hoops.   Yay.  I was wrong about the package being able to fit in the mailbox, though.   They put the tiny radio in a (relatively) huge box.

No comments: