Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

L and D

Life

Does it need to be a tube?  Animals generally have an alimentary canal from mouth to anus.  But what if molecules or atoms or even sub-atomic particles are alive?
Does a quark have feelings?  Do rocks like rock music?  Is reality one big living thing?

Plants are alive.  They take in what we exhale, and give off what we inhale.  Kinda cool.
We’re symbiotic.  We eat plants.  Some plants eat meat.  Weird world.  

I saw a movie that said water reacted to music.  Is water alive?  Each molecule, or maybe the glass of water on my table, or actually even the entire Ocean!?  I have no way of knowing how I should react to this information.  Should I play nice music to my glass of drinking water?  Should I feed the ocean?  Does the water want anything?  

What about the microbiome in my gut?  The DNA that makes up “me” includes lots of other little critters.  The human genome project has a lot more Genes to untangle, I think, to get at the totality of human experience.  Some people are too clean inside, and need some new shit inside them, literally, as therapy, to get better!  Wow, huh?

Death
Everything dies.   Things aren’t alive, we like to think, but maybe they are.  And in fact, living things is the term for bodies.  I don’t believe in disembodied souls, that become ghosts or whatever.  But I do believe in telepathy, and people who have an intuitive understanding of human psychology, that can kind of have others “living” inside them, in their mental landscape.   Morpheus is the god of dreams, and some of my dreams (if not all) I believe have their origin in a brain or brains outside of mine.  So, memories live on, if not constructs of our personalities, which is what people needfully and hungrily hope for, in the form of an afterlife, which I’m sorry to report I have no belief in whatsoever.  Maybe Morpheus can dream up a computer that saves everybody.  Is reality a giant computer?  Jesus saves.  Ha.

So that’s that.
Signing off,

God

No comments: