Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, December 22, 2018

barking mad dogma

what up, dawg?

a doge is the chief magistrate of venice or genoa
top-dog!, derived from dux, latin for leader

(dogma is not etymologically related to dogs)
(just like jewelery has nothing to do with judaism/jewry)

today, 12/22, is the date the Dominican order was sanctioned by Pope Honorius III (in 1216).
my mom's sister is a Dominican,  in the Order of Preachers
(apparently there's a difference between nuns and sisters?)

St. Dominic Of Guzman (D.O.G.) is often portrayed with a dog
I've been to the church of st. dominic of guzman, in Oaxaca, Mexico
the story behind this association is that

https://mervinop.wordpress.com/2016/08/13/the-myth-about-domini-canis/

so there's more to the story than just a pun of domini-canis.
hounds of the lord, watchdogs of the lord
preaching is "barking" (!!)
(this can be interpreted as preaching being just noise)
    this itself can be considered "bad noise"
which I got from the movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

woof! ruff! yip! (all true, lol)
bow wow

o.p. (order of preachers) reminds me of 'stop' signs
the st could stand for saint

dog is of course god, backwards
yhwh is H, why? backwards
devil is lived, backwards
evolution is no it u love, bacwards

"man's best friend" (-King Frederic of Prussia, 1789)
all dogs go to heaven (another good quote/meme)
       woman's best friend, too?

bark is of course the outer layer of a tree
jesus was a carpenter, nailed to a tree
jesus shrivelled a fig tree;
the jesse tree (genealogy of jesus)
the trees of knowledge, life
fruit of the womb
and, of course, Xmas trees! (plus wreaths and mistletoe)
boughs (bow wow!) , priests bow :-)

plus,
bark=bar plus ark (wine miracle, eucharist, and Noah)
DR (doctor? healing?) -Dominican Republic
ru serious? Sirius, the dog star
put that on your Christmas tree-top!
a partridge in a pear tree

The present is a present!
Presence, under the tree, :-)

No comments: