Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Dream

I had a lucid dream

of a woman calling me A Buddha
I laughed
Buddha means 'awake' (!)
I don't know how many laughs
   (would that be the definition of 'clear' to a scientologist?)
anyway, I thought of a number of responses

Am I laughing because I am Buddha or because I am Not-Buddha?
I don't actually know!
Are we all Buddha, already?
Does it depend on the definition of Buddha?
There are 4 options: I am Buddha, I am not Buddha, I am both, I am neither.
I AM a buddy, ha.
Is Buddha merely a role? like God?
Is anyone who is awake a Buddha, just as anyone christened with oil is Christ?
I am my body.  My body is always changing.
Buddha is a name, a title.  I am Jesse.  I am not Jesse.
I am not a word.  You can call me whatever you want!
I don't believe in souls.  And I do believe in the(buddhist) doctrine of no-self.
A Buddha is not a Buddha?
Furthermore, "if you meet a buddha, kill him" -attributed to zen master Lin Ji

You can pronounce Buddha as:
Boo'd, uh  (boo-dism)
Budd huh (bud-ism)
bood uh (rhymes with good, uh)

Teshara - to share uh
to share regression analysis
a quote, "a regression is a statistical procedure hat takes raw historical data and estimates how various causal factors influence a single variable of interest.  In internet dating services, for example, the variable of interest is how compatible a couple is likely to be.  And the causal factors are 29 emotional, social, and cognitive attributes of each person in the couple."

Wouldn't you like to know what those 29 attributes are?

the goal: 
enlightenment
bodhi, an ideal state of intellectual and ethical perfection
nirvana, extinguished ego, feeling unified with surroundings
one with the universe, one with everything, one with reality
nothing is fixed or permanent and change is always possible
extinguishing the 3 fires of greed, hatred, and delusion
compassion for all living things, and profound spiritual joy
no attachments, aversion, craving, ignorance, passion
suffering, sadness, pain, unsatisfactoriness, dukkha
desire, thirst, clinging replaced by freedom, liberation, release
equanimity and acceptance, blowing out, extinction
in tune, not subject to change or influence, conviction, resolve
insight, tranquility, goodwill, kindness, compassion
awake, alert, mindful, discerning, discriminating, perceptive
meditation, contemplation, authenticity
stilling, cooling, peace

Why I am not Buddha:

5 beliefs of dissent with Buddhism:
1. I don't believe life is necessarily suffering. Dukkha comes in different measure, for different folks.
But it's good to know a system to overcome suffering, anyway.

2. I also don't believe death is anything other than complete oblivion, annihilation, and extinction.
In other words, I don't believe in rebirth, or the need to end a cycle of rebirth.
I do believe consciousness can penetrate other minds, telepathy and hive-mind and collective unc.
So maybe I'm wrong. I just don't believe in it (yet?).

3. Also, there is nothing wrong with attachment to hedonistic sense-pleasures.
Life is short, enjoy it while you can, as often and as much as possible.
It doesn't have to get old, if you keep things fresh, and mix it up (experiences)

4. The belief that nirvana is permanent is itself a delusion. But you can still have a happy death.

5. Enlightenment does not equal omniscience! There will always be ignorance, for everyone.


No comments: