Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Local Color

Random Research in Writing
(with assistance from MH)

Blue
Democratic party, as decided by someone random at cnn in 2000? When I was a boy, there was a tv show I watched with my dad, called Red and Blue Teams. The Republicans are bloody vampires, I guess was the logic, I mean what do YOU think? There was also a skit at scout summer camp called “poor old blue.” Blue was the name of a dog (not Clifford the big red dog) who died while his owner was away from the farm. Funny. Unlike “feeling blue,” which I assume is where the music genre “the blues” came from. Blue bloods is royalty, I think? I don't really care, so I won't take the time to look that up. I'm a red-blooded American. I read somewhere that bugs have green blood or something. I think I WILL google that one. Use a sentence with the word “delight”? The window was open, so de light blew out! That's from my uncle Jim, according to my mom. Hope I didn't blow it. Experienced a BJ? Someone blew you. Homonym with blue, is what I'm getting at. There's the blue whale. And blue ice. And blue things like sky, blueberries, ocean, and my eyes. No one knows what it's like to be the sad man, to be the bad man, behind blue eyes, sang The Who. Blue eyed soul. Blue is cool, red is hot. There are gatorades for each. When you want to drink your party, or maybe the opposition. Blue light specials used to be a thing at kmart, remember those? The wind blew. The wind cannot hear -king crimson. All this is noise and fury, signifying nothing. A bunch of hot air. A waste of breath, you might say. Breathing, a process of suck and blow, if you want to be clever. Blue also happens to have been the color of my room, growing up, and my favorite color, after red, and before green. A new thought re: blue is bathroom and loo, b + loo, blue! (like the old sesame street word skits). I read blue mars. Rhapsody in blue. Tangled up in blue. True blue.

Red
Words of christ in red. I actually have a bible like that. I've “read” it. I had a roommate in college from Redding. He was religious, actually. I accused him of just trying to get in people's heads after his group prayer sessions. I wonder how Redding got that name. Red blood cells, red-eye flights, red sea, red robin, red bluff. Woodpeckers have red heads. My friends in San Leandro have a red-head girl named Miette (which means 'crumb' in french, i'm told). Reed is a college in Portland, OR. I've been to their library. Papyrus is a reed. It's part of the etymology of 'paper'. Maybe “read” is from reed, I dunno. Another question for the great and wise Google, omniscient deity of the net. Red line used to be a brand of bmx, when I was a kid, into that stuff. Redbox was a movie video company. Redvines are yummy. They make ropes, too. Red, red wine -ub40. Redolent of redaction? Ready or not, here I come. Otis Redding, and a prisoner I met in jail named Red. Red fox was a comedian, I think. The chinese flag (and the dress of chinese brides) are red. Teams with red uniforms statistically win more often, I've read. Red cars get charged more for insurance. Murder is redrum backwards. Murderburger in Davis had to change their name for some reason, so it became redrum burger. I think bars actually sometimes carry a red rum. Blood, cherries, strawberries, tomatoes, roses, hearts, and coke cans (etc., marlboro's, pall mall) are red. I like cinnamon bears and red vines licorice and hot tamales and v8 and twizzlers and red stripe beer, for example.. Mars is the red planet. Communist reds. Red sox. Redskins. Red october. The little red book of Mao. Red light district. In the red (red-ink). Red-letter day. Written and read (war?). Books- boo! Red river. Red zone. rojo.  santa, ho ho.

in the red:
Dire straits, abject squalor, grinding crushing poverty
impecunious mendicant pauper starveling (imps!)
indignant indigents. Trump's strumpet. Rump pumpers.
   going off topic (the expression 'buggery' was a Bulgaria reference (!),
   not cockroaches)

When people and products don't cross borders, soon armies do. -Hayek
If there were no borders (or people could work anywhere they wish), world income would double.
If global wealth were distributed equally, every human being would have $36,000 (?)

pink.
Pink the musician. Pink Floyd. Pinkie. Pinkie and the brain. Pink lemonade. Pinkerton. Hanky panky with a pink punk. Pink brand clothing. Plonk!

Scarlet
o'hara. The scarlet letter. Thread (kabala).

Yellow
yellow bellied (racer), streak, mellow yellow (drug), yellow submarine, urine, lemons/meringue/ade/zest, sun, ( cowardice) (jaundiced eyes) (aged paper: sunlight and time) yellow rose of texas. Yell OW. Warbler. Yello jello. Bananas, banana slug. Daisy. Sunflowers. Polka-dot bikini.  Big bird.

Puce. Rivers of puke. Putrid. Pew. pee-yu.  Pumice. Off-grey.

Orange
range of O, OJ orenthal james, orange you glad it's me? Juice is loose, pumpkin

green
envy, eyed-monster, go, chlorophyll, party, little green men, inexperienced, commons (greens), day on the green, green to the gills (sick), veggies, gr in the evening, green hills, gulch (bist retreat center), mean green fat grilling machine, cheese on the moon, money, tom green, the green mile -stephen king,

violet / purple
beauregard, purple people eater, purple sage gang, mountains majesty, prose, aspire to the purple, vile violin vile-it, purple rain, the purple one, purr-pull

"craziest thing i've ever heard"
moon is a hollow alien observation-station!! (courtesy of Michael Helbush)

No comments: