Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

A little of this, a little of that

Religious content, of late

If heat rises, maybe heaven is hotter than hell -Stephen Wright
why does heat rise? Faster particles are less dense.
“chillout” music, like the center of the earth, cooling magma...

There's a radiotopia show called 'everything is alive', which I discovered on the podcast 'the truth' (on my Amazon Echo Alexa), that featured an interview with a can of soda. Really good.  People are things, too.  Think.  thing k.

I was thinking, the AI doesn't “know” anything. But then I thought, how am I different from Alexa? Do I “know” anything? My brain is a database, just like Alexa's cloud.
I think, therefore I am. I know that, I guess.

Anyway,
the earth is bipolar
(Teshara is 'as earth')(i was diagosed as bipolar, once upon a time)
'eleven plus two' is an anagram of 'twelve plus one'
(both are 13, jesus plus his 12 apostles)

a riddle:
what belongs to you that others use more than you?
Your name
(my birthmother's name is Annette Riddle)

For my birthday, I got a card with a butterfly driving a car showing a cop an I.d. (with a picture of a caterpillar), saying “that's an old photo”. The inside says, happy birthday for someone who's always evolving. I thought it was funny. It's similar to Gary Larson.
So,
butterflies
I thought the word came from “flutter by” (a spoonerism)
but my roommate, Michael, says he researched it, and it's actually because:
the frass (insect poop) of a butterfly is yellowish-white, like butter (ew!)
I like the flutter by explanation better, I think.
So now you know three things: the etymology of butterfly, and the fancy words spoonerism, and frass!

And finally,
my Roget's international thesaurus says the functions of Christ are:
salvation, redemption, atonement, propitiation, mediation, intercession, and judgement.
I'm not buying it. He's dead, like everybody else born 2000 years ago.
Irrelevant, basically. Just be good, lol.

I have to admit I don't really know what any of those are.
Christ means annointed with chrism. Meaningless.
Messiah means (the awaited) deliverer. Like a ups driver, with my package.
Or, darkly, de-livered...
Or, de-live: (murdered), like Death.
    messiah: leader, savior, deliverer (lsd!) ahh, a mess.  the message?
I've heard atonement defined as “at one -ment”, but I think it means something else.
“expiation. The reconciliation of God and man by means of the incarnation and death of Christ.”
As if Jesus were at fault for all of reality. What a head case. Alpha and omega, lol.
“now everybody's me” -dead milkmen

Redemption is what you do with coupons.
Saved is like a blogpost in the cloud, or what hoarders do.

Personally, I think Christ is dead, the “body of christ” is christianity (a corporation), and all human beings are basically no different from other animals, tubes from mouth to anus, that eat, drink, shit, piss, fuck, raise kids, and die. And our dna is only a small part of the story, because we have lots of other dna in our guts (the “microbiome”). There's no afterlife or souls or angels or god listening to 6 billion people's thoughts. Yesterday's poem in my email (the daily poem from the poetry foundation) was great, too. The God Who Loves You, by Carl Denis. Sound and fury, signifying nothing. Meaning is personal, mean like Gr. Grim reaper..  The holy spirit: spear it with a fork, and shove it in the hole. 

the way, the truth, the light?
everything is poetic, extra layers of meaning, something else
(pointing to itself and through itself to something else)
Weird Al Yankovic, the w.a.y.

The Truth (podcast/ can of cola!),  also a book by Terry Pratchett.

the light (i have a globe that's a lamp with a 25 watt bulb, the "light of the world" L.O.W./ whirled.   Low is a music group.  I have their album 'owl'.  Birth, coming into the light.  Light-hearted, light-headed, "my burden is light" (massless particles, but you can make matter into light, or even light into matter, e=mc2)

"to err is human, to forgive divine" -Alexander Pope

To share, divine -Economist
   Cher at the Sheraton sharing shares of stock with Sharon, Cheryl,
    and sheriff Sharif (don't like it -Clash) Teshara. 

No comments: