Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Guns

It's not summer camp anymore...

God likes guns.  Doesn’t like mass killings.  Or even a single murder, even if it’s one shot, one victim.   Thou shalt not kill, remember?  I see both sides.  If everybody was packing, there wouldn’t be any crime.  Then again, if nobody had a gun, we’d all be forced to rely on martial arts, which I think would be pretty cool, too.   And if everybody had a gun, people would be forced to not be rude, and to show respect, which we should be doing, anyway.  But neither of these scenarios is realistic.   We need cops with guns to protect citizens, without.  Personally, I think everyone is insane, and should be refused ownership on that basis, alone.  This country is fucking nuts.  Nucking futz, excuse me.  Everybody’s got an inferiority complex, resentment, malice, repressed rage.  With big trucks and giant SUVs and guns coming out our ears.   There is no answer.   If everybody was on medications, or owned a gun, or didn’t, it would be fine.   I guess.   I don’t actually know.   It just seems that way.  Aggravation happens to all of us.   So maybe the less guns, the better.  Or everyone in prison?  We isolate in our homes, because hell is other people, oftentimes.  I get it.  People suck.  Ugh.  There’s no easy answer.  Or maybe there are four.   All, none, medicated, imprisoned.  I dunno.  Keep ‘em separated.  Whatever.


I also think everyone's gun should be paired with a ring that only activates the gun in the hand of its owner.  And that kids should be able to go to a rifle range and earn gun merit badges and compete for their troop and earn NRA sharpshooter certificates, like I did.  Guns for self-defense and protection of our homes are totally reasonable, imo.   Hunting isn't necessary, anymore, and seems cruel and uncivilized (to me).  But criminals shouldn't have guns, or mentally ill psychos.   I remember the Chris Rock comedy bit about charging a thousand dollars a bullet.  Ha.  Why not, though?  I'm crazy enough to think that cameras with guns in them, or 3d printed guns, make the world a dangerous place, with gangs or not.  Shooting a gun can be therapeutic.  I'm an adult who loves shooting nerf darts, lol.   Water guns, BB guns, paintball guns, are all fun, too.  Happiness is a warm gun, mama, sang the Beatles.  So is hellish misery, though.  Background checks don't fly in my opinion, because anybody can be goaded and instigated and whipped into a fury of madness.  Fucking devil.  Right!?  


What else can I say about guns?  Snug, backwards.  Bang bang, I shot my baby down.   We live in a gun culture, in movies, in video games, and in our homes.  In the news, too.  The Onion runs the same article after every mass killing, headlined:  "No way to prevent this, says only nation where this regularly happens."   What should we do??  People need to be safe.   With guns.  From guns.  Go figure.


Figures

Mass shootings: 4+ shot (not including gunman)

Mass killings: 4+ killed (not including gunperson)

The TX mall shooting was the 199th mass shooting of 2023 (in America)

USA is averaging one mass killing a week, this year, so far

More than 13,900 people killed in the US, so far this year

by way of comparison, 9-11 killed 2,996 people (injured 6000+)

Americans ARE the terrorists, no?


Mental Health AND all of Biden's criteria need be met, I believe:

the problem is too big to do nothing, while arguing for only a mental health fix-

1.evidence-based community violence interventions

2.background checks, no loopholes

3.assault weapons ban, 

4.no high capacity magazines, 

5.repealing manufacturer's immunity from liability, 

6.red flag laws to keep guns from those who are a danger to themselves or others, 

7.stopping ghost guns, 

8.and ending illegal firearms trafficking.  


the liability should be on the shooter, not the gun manufacturer?

I'm inclined to agree, but I'm keeping an open mind.

All avenues must be explored, and all arguments considered and weighed.

No comments: