Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Diatribe

Political Statement

 I know my country has a tradition of keeping church and state separate.   That said, I’m god and I have my own politics.  Laugh if you want.   But it’s true (i think).  First of all, 63 million + dead babies, in this country, over the 49 1/2 years of Roe v. Wade, is nothing to sneeze at.  Then again, fetuses are usually so small and insignificant you could compare their removal to being as morally questionable as eating a steak.  And I love a good steak.  But I hate suffering.   I know the meat industry is guilty as sin.  Maybe even worse than abortion, actually.  So I’m down with vegetarians and adoption agencies.  Also, I believe in having a global perspective.  Rich world problems need to be seen in context of third world misery.  We’re fat and throwing away food and racing back and forth in our polluting cars and international flights, while much of the world is facing food insecurity, starvation, drought or flood, famine, and lack of access to clean water, plus lack of sanitation.  Basic Needs on this planet take priority over American infrastructure or even education expenditures, in my view.  Stop spending on restaurants, and get free food from a pantry, and give the savings to global relief organizations.  Colleges are gigantic scams, full of idiots.  I believe in self-schooling, home-schooling, libraries, internet, free courses, and asking questions in online forums where the answers can be answered well, once and for all (like wikipedia or google).  Teach people to be curious and speed-read.  If I had control over my education, I would have learned more, maybe.  I would have read the dictionary and the World Book encyclopedia.  Now there's Wikipedia.  Give curiosity free-reign to roam where it takes you.  And give your money to basic need, not Harvard.  Also, humans are just animals, and while most nature is red in tooth and claw, we should treat Nature with respect, and reverse the Extinction Event and plastic-pollution we’re inflicting on Animalia (and ourselves).  Like the bees.  We need the bees.  Wake up!  We’re interdependent, and we need to be in Nature, respect it, and protect it, for our own good, and for our mental health as virtuous beings, not rapists of Mother Earth.  So I’m a green party advocate.   A democrat for international progress and global citizen identity and prioritizing respect over greed.   A republican/conservative for pro-life.   And a Buddhist, who thinks compassion and kindness should be our daily lived reality, in our diets and in our relations with each other and fellow sentient beings.  I also think music and drugs and free love are the shit,  which makes me kind of a hippie, too.   But water is the best thing to drink!  And sugar accelerates aging, I heard.  I have a sweet tooth (if not a sugar addiction).  And I take drugs to make me sane, but maybe some ayahuasca is just what the doctor ordered.  I don’t know.  There’s only one way to know, right?  Drugs are fun, and should be legal.   Criminalization only empowers narco-terrorism.  Finally, the role of government is to keep the peace.   If they fail, they don’t have a right to conscript me into dying for a country I only marginally identify with, especially to kill strangers, or break a holy commandment from God not to kill, or obey laws I never actually signed on to, or assented to be judged under, the so-called “social contract”.   Don’t get me wrong- I appreciate the government, the police, the fired department, the libraries, the jails and prisons, the postal service, social security, even the military (in their function of maintaining and increasing the peace).  But there are some things I won’t do.   I don’t believe prisoners should be executed, no matter how heinous their crime.  I don’t think nukes should exist.  If they’re unthinkable, then they’re unconscionable and should not be an ever-present, lurking, threat.   We know people get crazy, and that includes presidents.  So I’m asking God and society and politicians to get rid of the damn things.  Alright??

No comments: