Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

back in black

 Greetings and hello.   Across time and space, from author to reader.  My name is Jesse L. Teshara.   Your name is x.  Like Malcolm.  It is a cold, wet, dreary day, here in Berkeley.   The date is 1/11/2023.   My blog only got 5 page views today.  Yesterday it got 89.   Go figure.  I graduated from high school in 1989.   And I set my alarm this morning for 5a.  I got up at like 11a, though.  So much for early to rise.  I still want to be healthy, wealthy, and wise, of course.  I got up for a phone call from Kaiser.   Her name is Sarah.  Maybe she’ll hire me to walk her dogs.  She lives in Oakland. Anyway, my landlord comes back tonight, from Mexico.  Hope he had fun.  We need him.  The kitchen needs a plumber, an electrician, and one of the burners on the range doesn’t work (the knob).  Also, the wind blew open the front access to under the house.  I really hope some homeless person doesn’t crawl under my room.  And I haven’t paid this month’s rent and wifi yet.   750 and 5.  755 dollars. I bought a pair of slicker pants, which I wore today for the first time.  They’re called Froggs, made in China, bought on Amazon.  Patricia says she has a rain hat that doesn’t fit.   Maybe I can use it.   Karen says she’s like a leper, and was warned to keep distance.   I told her she needs Jesus, half-jokingly (she’s blind).  I think she replied, I need God.  Which is interesting, of course.  I had a dream last night that I was holding her.  I thought about making money as a professional cuddler, years ago.  Anyway,  I read 100 pages of Chaim Potok’s History of the Jews (“Wanderings”).   None today.   It’s about 500 pages.   Hopefully I’ll finish by Saturday, Miette’s bat mitzvah (10a, in San Leandro).  I read the Chosen as a freshman at SI, in Mr. Devine’s honors English class.  I’m looking forward to seeing Miette read hebrew.  My beard is long, and I look Jewish (I do without the beard, anyway).  I took a tour of a SF synagogue once.   And I lived next door to the Hillel house, in Davis.  But this will be my first bat mitzvah.  I’m looking forward to eating a couple super pastor tacos from Los Pericos, as well.  I’m going to give Julie and Sam my book of 1001 songs.  And Miette, the jewish history book.  My suit and tie and jacket and pants fit.   I tested them a couple days ago.  Sara said I look distinguished, which feels good.  Hopefully it won’t rain.   But I have an umbrella.  It’s a vented umbrella, for the wind.  Anyway.   My space heater is warming up my room.   The rain pitter-patters on the metal awning over my window.   The heater gives an ambient drone.   The traffic gives the sound of spray with every pass.  And my mind is mostly silent.  I decided to sit for 5 hours.   Then I decided to write.   So here I am.   1 hour down, 4 to go.   Then sleep.  No rain tomorrow, says my Echo.  Oh well.   I like the rain.  No word from Sara (or Pierre) about my blog.  I sent Sara a link to the S and P post.   I hope they like it.  I’ve printed it up, to give as a gift, when I go to Portland next month.  In other news, I haven’t exercised in a week.  So much for my new year resolution.  Intentions are the preferred label, now.  It’s cold and I feel lazy.   So it goes.  I ate a can of tuna (in oil), and some cheezits, and drank my Ryze mushroom coffee.  A hot shower might be nice.  I have some laundry to do, too.  Hot shower, hot clothes, hot chocolate.  I’ll pick up my Amazon package tomorrow, when it’s dry.  I’m expecting a hat and t-shirt, too.  Hopefully no one will steal the package from the doorstep.   I really don’t need another shirt.   But I thought a black one might be cool.  Black and blank.  I have a Darth vader mask for Ben and Declan, from the goodwill.  That’s the update, all I have to say.  Back to sitting.  I don’t ommmmm (lol).

Judaism

YHWH is the God.  Yod Heh Vav Heh, I think.   Tetragrammaton.  Does this God live? Is he alive?  Is this a living faith? Those are 3 different questions!  HWHY, backwards.  God is the reason for the season.  He tipped the planet!  Like a space alien.   Named Yahweh or Jehovah or who the f knows.  7858.  10.  Like Satan, or Santa.  Jew-duh-ism.  Numerology is a part of the spiritual process.  Numbers, numb brrr.   Darth Vader goes ho-brrr.  Berkeley is brrr, chilly.  Okay, I’m done.  Jesse, out.  Peace!

     Moses and Aaron, Abraham Isaac and Jacob, Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy.   Pentateuch.  Joshua and Noah and David and Jesse.   Serving the animals bagels on the ark.  Just joshin’.   DJ, JD.  Deejays and doctors of jurisprudence.  The Jesse tree.  Jews and 10-ooze.  J is the tenth letter.  1 and 0.   Get it?  1 is a phallus.  0 is a hole.  A sexy religion.   Like binary.

     Warm regards,

J


wordplay

'god' is a letter? syllable? word? (in hebrew, transliteration)

    google doesn't say.  well, not a letter.   (romanization of hebrew).

So there''s God and god, hebrew and brew, Miette and R. Crumb

      Israel and the raelians (lol), jewelry and jews (ooze and ew)

I've met a guy named Israel, a woman named Koran, and a guy named Siva

Judah rhymes with Buddha... I'm cultivating the culture of a cult

I've met a (Jeff) Pon, a (Tim) Bishop, a (Mike) King,

   to go with Castle-(Scott), and Baruch Spinoza (rook?)

Michael Knight and Steve McQueen

Juan-during (wandering and wondering), Hurrians and Russians

a hisstory of snakes, straightening up my Mesopotamia,

laughter and fun in slaughter and funerals

   parishioners perish, let us prey, annoyed and annointed

   redemption and empty of red, bit and bitter, ambition

   get your fix (and crucifixion)

covens, ovens, convents, and covenants

babies in Babylon, yeshivas and no-hiv-as

bedoins in bed, pilgrims grimly taking pills, play Baal!

torture, torment, and Torah (and Torquemada)

meat is grr 8 (and god is great)

we await res-erection, let us spray: cum, lord Jesus, in holy glory, 

   3 holies, holy holy holy, bless this spiritual drink, 

with him, in him, through him: church members

blessed Mary, ever virgin? (Jesus had siblings, though, no?)


No comments: