Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Journal Entry

 Well, another day, by myself.   Mike popped in and gave me some ginger chews.   I’ll re-gift them, even though I like them, because last time I chewed on those things my crown came out!  So I’m packing for my trip to Portland, to see SPAH, which I’m looking forward to.  I just bought a carne asada nachos from one of the taco trucks here, and I’ll probably get some Korean barbecue from a truck up there.  I’ll feed and walk Banh Mi and Augie’s pet lizard, Felix.  Felix doesn’t need walking, though, I bet.  Maybe he’ll run around in one of those hamster balls?   Or a wheel?  It’s kind of a big lizard.  Not iguana sized, but bigger than an alligator lizard.  Anyway, I’ve got 2 bars of hand-made soap and 3 books (1 quotes by women, and 2 Neil Gaiman compilations) for Sara and Pierre, a nerf blaster and darts for Hugo (too soon?), and a frisbee for Augs.  I want to read my History of Philosophy, by Grayling.   I’ll bring my computer, and check my daily blog stats, if not write some more.  I’ll be gone 12 days.  It’ll probably be wet and cold, typical Portland OR, but whatever.   They’re going to Puerta Vallarta.  I’m bringing my Frogg Toggs, which are kind of fun.  Maybe I’ll buy a copy or two of Bertrand Russell’s History of Philosophy, which Michael wants to read again (and teach from), from Powell’s or something.  Anyway, I resumed push-ups today.   I should’t go for a week of no push-ups, but oh well, I did 120.   Good to be home, although Duke was well-behaved.  He didn’t run off, when he was on the path, off-leash, and he didn’t poop in the house.  My bike is wobbly, though.   I’ll fix it when I get back.  Susan and Ron’s flight was cancelled, and she said it was raining, in Maui.  They went for Ron’s birthday, same as last year.  I’m listening to some Global Underground on YouTube.  I’m going to schedule a volunteer (AARP) tax assistance session at the local branch library, tomorrow morning.  And pay my rent/utilities/wifi to Edgar.  And walk Snoopy and Shelby.  Good exercise.  I’m bringing my Kindle.   It’s perfect for reading in the dark, on the train, and you can make the print any size.  My train leaves 9:41p tomorrow, from Emeryville.  I might Uber over there, from Berkeley.  Life is good.   Too short, and too much I want to do, but still good.  My house is like living in Mexico, 24-7, anyway, lol.  I gotta stop eating junk.  Cheers, Jess

No comments: