Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Covidiot

 Yup, that's me

I bought a custard-filled chocolate bar (fool fuel) from Colonial Donuts, on Lakeshore, in Oakland, where I'm sitting for Duke, 1/14-24.   This was Saturday, 1/15.  And like an idiot,  I was so eager to eat it, I took my mask off and ate it while walking home.   And a homeless man coughed on me.   I knew it.  I fucking knew it.   If I had any balls, I would have hit him.   That sort of thing should be legal.  He's always there.  And he's got it coming.  Anyway, I thought maybe I had a cold.  That's what I told myself, hoping.  I don't get sick often.  Then I woke up all sweaty for two nights.  This is known as a fever, lol.   I went to Walgreens to buy a test, but they had sold out, and told me to come back Friday morning.   Which I did.   Today, the 21st.  And I've got it.  "Rona.  Covid.   I sort of expected it.   Infected by a Chinese bat.  So I cancelled my Kaleb walk this weekend, told Karen, and texted my family (Mom, Greg, Rose Marie).  Mom tells me the government is giving out free tests, so keep my receipt, for a refund.  Marlen and Karen both have extra tests I can use...  My test was a take-home, 15 minute,  Abbott brand, antigen test, $26, Walgreens.   There's a hundred dollar plus PCR test, too.  F that.  Antigens are proteins, and the pcr tests detect DNA.   

So anyway, I'm still sitting, walking Duke 3x/day, avoiding people, isolating, masking, drinking water, taking hot showers, opening windows, and wiping/spraying surfaces, with alcohol/bleach (?) and Clorox wipes.   People think you can reinfect yourself.   Like I have radioactive sweat or something.  Maybe if I spit phlegm on my toothbrush, this would be true.  But touching a doorknob, I highly doubt it.   I've told Duke's owners, and I don't have to go home or anything.  Like stay in one room, or wear a mask, or anything like that.  So I'm on the mend.  WHO says to isolate/quarantine, after onset of symptoms, for 10 days, including at least 3 after symptoms disappear.   So that's what I 'm doing.   I'm a homebody, and that's pretty much what I'm always doing.  I'm kind of already on day 6 or 7, really.  I have a book by Neil Gaiman, an Echo for music/radio, my computer (YouTube, Joe Frank, Wikipedia, emails).  Duke and Junior, the cat.  I like to sit in the sun in the back yard.   I walk Duke 5a/6a ash, 1/2p ash, and 7:30p/9 ish.  I'm told to go slow, stay inside, and let my body heal.  I got my 2 shots, and my booster (all Pfizer, at Kaiser), and now I'm justing hoping for a 100% recovery and no "long" covid symptoms.  I'm still coughing, occasionally.   That was one expensive, tasty donut.  Maybe it's better I'm getting it over and done, for immunity or something.  Right?   They say just about everybody will get Omicron.  WHO knows!

No comments: