Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Plan

 Breathe, just breathe.   Write, just write.

An hour of writing.  4p-5p.  What’s in there?  lurking, trying to get out!


     I have books to read, but I think I’m a better writer than most of what I read, really.   So I’m diving inward, instead of exploring outward.   The inner landscape.   Questions, associated ideas, linguistic relations, memes, and maybe even a story or two.   Creativity, and productivity.    Destructivity, and violent homicidal impulse.   Good and evil.  Love and hate.   All just words, in any case.  Maybe some channeling of the planet.  What’s goin on, what’s goin down, what’s the haps, Japs.   That was not intended to be racist or insulting or offensive or disparaging or derogatory or disrespectful.   It just happens to rhyme.  I could have used Jack or Mack, but the rhyme doesn’t work.  Just the vowel, owl.  And maybe I’m channeling Japan!  So I’m going with it.  Ja-pots and pans.  Ha!  I have a Japan plan.  I want to travel before I unravel.  I want to go before I’m put low.  I want to enjoy an exquisite visit.  I want to go everywhere, but there are gangs and violence and threats galore, all over the place, so I prefer someplace more cultured.  True, there’s yakuza, but it’s not filled with roving gangsters with ak’s demanding money, like I was told there was in Kenya.  It’s in the hands of God, anywhere in the world, you could say.  Maybe I’ll play it safe and stay in my room for the rest of eternity.   It’s not so bad.   I just get a taste of wanderlust, from time to time.   For going place to place.  Things to try before I die.

      Let’s say I live til I’m 120.   What’s my plan?   What’s the ideal life I want to live?   Kind of like, where do you see yourself in 5 years?  Or, what do you want to do with your life?   What’s your passion?  If you had 3 wishes for a genie, what would they be?  Or 10 wishes!  Or 20.   So let’s open mind wide, wide awake, and dig deep.  What should a deity do?  If you had the power of God (omnipotent!),  what are your priorities?  If you were being selfish, what would you ask, without considering everybody else?  I want to be a speed reader.  I want to stay hungry, stay curious, stay engaged, not oversleep, and feel tired at the end of every day, having a sense of accomplishment, and being on track to achieve my goals and objectives.  I want to read all the books in my room.   I want to read the lists in my 3 books of recommended books.  I want to read the oevre of my favorite authors.  I want to read the Hugo winners, and give the collection to Hugo, when he’s in his teens!   Isn’t that the coolest idea ever!?  I want to do daily maintenance, and get stronger, healthier, and saner.   I want to sweat, every single day.  I want to be truly beautiful, even more than now, if you think I am.  I want to convert my blog to a book, and be published, earn money from writing, be in demand, get some recognition, and be enjoyed, for writing that makes a difference.  I want to read all my martial arts books, and get some one on one instruction.   I want to be able to do all the yoga positions (asanas).  I want to fall in love, and be happy, living happily ever after!  I want my voice to go away.  I want sanity, for myself and others and society and the planet.  I want to go to bed early, and be early to rise, waking refreshed, becoming healthy, wealthy, and wise.  I want to read the news, daily, and stay informed, with wikipedia, yahoo, ny times, economist, 1440, the onion, and my flash briefing (on my Echo).   I want to get through all 10,001 recommended songs, in my book.  I want to get through my 4 sources of history, daily.   I want to clear my email, every day.  I want to get through all the J! Archive, and trivial pursuit questions, caught up with the latest.  I want to listen to the Joe Frank archive.  I want to know words, English, Spanish, and places, from my Atlas.  I want to dive into Wikipedia every day!  I want to eat vegetarian.  I want to know a fair amount of origami, like cubes and cranes and canoes.   I want to make huge bubbles in the park, maybe for my nephews.   I should, I want to make time for, meditating and writing, daily.  Life is simple.   Daily effort and application will add up, the accretion and accumulation of little things, with every bite, every exercise, the sustained discipline, to result in achievement and accomplishment and self-satisfaction.  I want to go to various religious rituals, and hit the GTU, in my quest for being all I can be, staying engaged, keeping things fresh, and challenging myself with the intellectual equivalent of “muscle-confusion.”   Variety is the spice of life!  Routine is healthy, too.   All things in moderation, including moderation.  I want to watch lots of YouTube and Ted talks, and things like magic, juggling, parkour, and epic fails on Ridiculousness.  A book a day would surely be satisfying.   I want to read all the Newbery winners.  I want to donate books to prisoner libraries.  I want the United Nations to have enough money for their needs addressing poverty and displacement.  I want lots of friends and to enjoy other people, and not be antagonistic and endlessly disappointed.  I suspect that’s more on me than it is on them.  Sanity, my life is an open book.  Can I really read the daily NYT and the weekly Economist and still have time for dog walks, a book/day, and my daily history?  I think I can, I think I can!  I just have to get disciplined and motivated.  I need to speed up my mind, and get with the program, get on it, just do it.  Motivated, Dedicated, Ooh-rah.  I’m not after mastery or wisdom or completion or keeping busy.  I just want to be my best self.   I want to feel good about my life.  I want to be all that I can be.  And I can’t be a soldier.   So I’ll be…I don’t know what it’s called.  God?   God, I guess.   Right?  Being good.  Being my best.   And the process of getting there, being better every single day.  That’s what I’m after.

No comments: