Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, January 29, 2024

Oy! Hoy (today)

Monday, January 29, 2024

Magic Bus (by the Who, off their Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy album) has been playing in my head, everyday


I went to Kaiser (Berkeley) this morning for a Covid test (I don’t think I have it, but I’ve been phlegmy since early December).    What I really want is some kind of allergy test??  My brother recommends I get an air purifier.  The white noise is good for sleep, too.


I had a beer during the 49er game.  I don’t get tv in my room.   I need to buy an Amazon digital HDTV antenna ($15-$23), maybe.   Good, close game.   They’re going to the Super Bowl!   February 11, same day I walk Kaleb.   Go Niners!  Beat KC!   Greg is staying home that day.   There’s a Mass for Liz’s dad, that evening.  


I’ve been talking with and texting Kelli.  She wants a pomeranian.  Her situation reminds me of Infinite Jest (David Foster Wallace).  She even wants to play tennis with me.  I told her about reading a martial arts book.   And having Snoopy on my Apple Watch.  And knowing a guy named Shiva at Davis (her real name is Kali, she said).  And the two sitcoms, Jesse and Jessie (Christina Applegate and Debby Ryan).   Kali, aka Durga, is the goddess of death and destruction (and time, change, creation, power).  Heavy name.  Holy.  She told me she went to church, and I told her I watched a Catholic Mass on YouTube.  


I had lunch with my mom yesterday in San Francisco.   Good conversation.   We walked, too.  She gave me a “laughing buddha” (fat buddha) figurine my dad had (dad was chubby, too).  A chinese monk, not actually a Buddha, but with the similar-sounding name, Budai.   Or maybe he was a Buddha.  What do I know?


I re-ordered my meds this morning, to be delivered by mail.   I have 2 days left.  I could have picked them up at the pharmacy tomorrow, but the kp website wouldn’t let me select the Oakland pharmacy (it just kicked me over to a map of the pharmacies), before finishing my order.   I’m not having any problems with my (new) meds (risperidone, lithium, depakote).   My bloodwork said my lithium level was a bit low (??).   


I’ve been worried about my sexual health, but less so now.   


Sunday night, I listened to HOS (Hearts of Space) from 10p to midnight, with my roommate Michael.   Good, interesting, lively conversation.   I got up at 6am, anyway, this morning.  


I want to hit the gym.  I can do pushups, and jog the neighborhood, etc.   but I’d rather wait to train until after my phlegm and cold symptoms go away.


My blog viewership, as of 11:30a this morning is at 26 or so viewers (44 at 4p).


I have maybe a hundred books in my room, waiting to be read.   And I have the Economist on my computer and phone.  3 love books currently “on-deck” are the History of Love (Nicole Krauss), Super Sad Love Story (Gary Shteyngart), and The Marriage Book (advice, inspiration, and cautionary tales).  


I went and got an Afghan Burrito for lunch.   So good!  I like the golden burrito, veg, spicy, with jalapeƱos.  $15.   They're at 2309 San Pablo (at Bancroft), in Berkeley.  The website is afghanburrito.com.   I wholeheartedly recommend!   Bon appetit!


Texeira,  in Portuguese, means "yew tree".  (My name, Teshara, was changed from this at Ellis island, the story goes).  It's a common name there, like Smith here.   Planting yew, and "planting" you (as David Foster Wallace put it - it being burial).   Trees of life, tree of knowledge, family tree, Jesse tree.   There was even a comedian I saw named "Tree."


I don't have Covid.   Which means I don't have "long covid".  Not really a surprise, there.  And I bought an air purifier (Envion Therapure).   Lovely day, today.   I paid .20 cents for a bag to carry my purifier from Ace (the box didn't fit in my bike basket or backpack).  I'm still wearing my 49er T-shirt.  

No comments: