Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, December 7, 2023

Outside

Inside Out

 I am overweight.  My gut, my belly, is too big, distended.  I’m ugly.  I can do 50 pushups, and I can do 1000 over like 3 hours, but I have a cold or something, at the moment.  I keep spitting up phlegm.  I’m on the edge of being pro-choice.   I mean, right away, a clump of cells, who cares? I eat steaks all the time.  Maybe I shouldn’t.  But you can’t legislate against either one.  The meat industry is an evil, savage, murderous juggernaut.   And some women really REALLY hate their babies.  What can you do.   Meat is delicious, and childbirth is excruciating.  Even murder, itself, has some good arguments!  But whoever would choose to be moral, and have integrity, must grapple with meat’s brutality, abortion’s reality of life beginning at conception, and the unassailable logic of eating less meat, at the very least, and respect for human life. 

What are the arguments for murder?  If you hate yourself, and don’t care if you’re locked away in a prison cell, or maybe think you can get away with it, then some people definitely have it coming.  Maybe you, yourself, should be killed.  In any case, I have a strong bias for Godliness, and the OT says thou shalt not kill - but God is a hypocrite, having killed over 2 million people (as tabulated from the bible, and not even counting the flood).  And maybe God kills everyone! By time, by cellular replication, by shortened telomeres, by aging, by senescence, by getting old.  God gets old.  Old gods die, and new ones emerge.  


Anyway, what I’m trying to say is, fuck it, whatever.   If only God is good, and God is a serial killer, then go ahead and abort, eat that burger, join the military, don’t speak out against capital punishment, and kill kill kill - kill ‘em all and let god sort ‘em out, as they say.  There’s no middle ground.  Everyone is a sinner, and deserves death, or no one does.  Innocent babes and holy priests and saints and idealistic journalists and activists fighting the good fight and kind souls who wouldn’t hurt a fly, they all will die, without exception, and probably have it coming.  If you have the twisted soul of a killer, maybe you need to start offing all those self-righteous pricks.  And maybe the whole God-thing is transparently idiotic.  So do what thou wilt.


I actually want God to be good.   The bible says only God is good.  I like playing the role.  So I’m gonna do what I can to eat minimal meat, not kill anyone, and stay law-abiding, even if that makes me mentally ill, without an outlet for my aggression, rage, or sadness.  Every day is a new day, and a new start, and I can set an example, starting Now.  So can you.  Not that I care.  Meat will always be.  It’s hopeless. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.  Another slice of combination pizza, please.  Argh.


Outside, by Stain'd

ex-cons with execration for consecration

only the good die young?  Kissinger lived to 100.

Religion is full of shit: make your own! Be Good, Don't Be Bad

   Love is the whole of the law.  Love is wanting others to be happy.

   Hate and spite, malice, and revenge, need to be kept in check! 

      hot hate and icy malice and venge and re-venge

   Mite makes write!  Stand up for the little guy.  Bugged by bugs.

   Innocent babies!  We are still innocent, sings Sarah Maclachlan

   (Adia)..  If God wanted, we would have been created 

      immortal (but we weren't) (a freakin' jellyfish got that honor)


Gratitude v. Resentment

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others."- Cicero

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die" - St. Augustine


I think Elon Musk needs to read pp.  149-151 of The Miracles Answer Book (by Lee Strobel, and Mark Mittelberg).  It basically says we are alone in the universe, on a planet that meets 322 conditions for life, which would be impossible to find anywhere else but Earth (but says nothing about the feasibility or possibility of terraforming).  Terraforming sounds like biting off more than you can chew, to me, but I maybe I'm wrong.  I believe in aiming high.  Is the dream of becoming a spacefaring species reasonable?  For a book that aims to believe in hope and miracles, the reasoning I read doesn't give much support.   I mean, you have to get there, you have to change the planet, and you have to survive and adapt.  Maybe the Star Trek dream has to stay fictional?   :-(

No comments: