Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, February 10, 2023

NM within NM

 Good Morning!   Happy Friday.  I finished my mushroom coffee;  but there are a couple coffee shops nearby I could go to.  The pastries are expensive, so I can go to 7-11 instead for that.  I think 7-11 has coffee, too, actually.   WHRB jazz, brushed teeth, vitamins, and checked my blog.  I made the bed.  It’s raining (lightly) outside.  I didn’t oversleep (much).  The gang returns tomorrow.  I’ll try and read a book of short stories by then.  I pulled 3 other books from the shelves, but one is ambitious enough.  Felix had breakfast (2 yummy wriggling mealworms!).  Asa is crying downstairs.  The “magic lamp”  is on high, illuminating the living room.  BM’s at her spot, on the couch.  And I like the leather armchair.   After 4p, I’ll go to Bollywood Theater and spend the last of my $50 giftcard, today.  I’ve spent $30 on Korean bbq, $15 on thai, $50 on groceries, 150+23 on Amtrak, and $5 on a coffee and pastry; plus some food on the train ($9).  I spent $18 at Subway, before I boarded, in Emeryville.   I spent $3 on mealworms.  So about a hundred on food and 175 on transportation.  

I hope Sara had a nice birthday.   Her instagram has some pics, from PV.  I looked at the pics on the Wikipedia article for PV.  I feel bad for the folks in Syria and Turkey.   I should really not spend too much, so I can contribute to relief.   Feeling good about helping would be worth it, I think.  What a goddamn nightmare*, huh?  Nightmares within nightmares...  How much good can Buddhism do for suffering when you're homeless and starving and cold and surrounded by death and dying?  Ugh.   (well, maybe a lot)


*a night "mare" has nothing to do with a female horse; the etymology is from a mythological demon or goblin that torments sleepers with frightening dreams.


god, goblin or demon (!)

     good old days, good orderly direction, 

     gold oil diamonds, get outdoors, get on down

10: does Satan frighten Aten?

winter storm on top of earthquake, war, covid


God is like an operating system.  It keeps updating, improving.

There's no word for "better-than-God".   I could of course invent one.

But most theologians I assume, think God is 

     perfect, most high, best (already, and by definition)

Some of us find fault, however.  Those of us who think. 

God 8.6.0 or something;  Ubergod!

mejorquedios


"you've reached the law firm of Penis, Prick, Pecker & Snatch: how may I help you?"

No comments: