Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, April 25, 2022

1HC

 First Holy Communion

A relative (I'm "uncle Jesse") will receive the sacrament next weekend, at St. Stephen's church.  I got it there in 2nd grade, myself.   One of the 7 Sacraments (in the RCC, Roman Catholic Church).  I was told my name (Jesse) means, "the whole office of the eucharist,"  so I'll describe what it means to me:

wine and wafer, bread and wine (or grape juice), becomes/is transformed (magically!) (termed "transubstantiation") into the flesh and blood, body and blood, of christ, which makes the participant a (corporate) member of the Catholic Church ("body of christ" in a second, different, sense).  

there's a halloween aspect to it, that people repress/suppress: I mean, obviously, it's cannibalism and vampirism, if you think about it.   Especially if you buy the doctrine that it's really Jesus, and not just a wafer and beverage, anymore.  The church teaches that it's not a symbolic change, but rather an actual transformation, which strikes me as hocus-pocus ridiculousness, but sheeple are apparently capable of believing (or professing they believe) almost anything.  Absurdity.  Personally, I don't believe in souls or heaven, or immortality (everything is impermanent): I believe Jesus is dead, and if we were really eating Jesus, it would be the dust of his bones.... or, taking for example the historical last supper, the apostles actually eating him would have entailed consuming Jesus' actual flesh and/or blood.  That's how I see it, anyway.  People are animals, so "sheeple" is meant with no disrespect.  Threatened by hell, promised heaven, and with the weight of authority of the Magisterium (and schools and elders and families), I can understand how a second-grader will of course comply with a faith that has over a billion followers and the overwhelming grandeur of places like the Vatican.  I mean, I did, myself.   In a way, it transforms something depraved into something sacred.   It's a mystery that is "a sign of God's grace" (gr ace).

At a church in Sacramento, I remember seeing a homeless person smear butter all over herself, lol.  Pretty effing crazy, no?  

BBC (body and blood of christ), another interesting reference to it.

Also, the food and drink of the Gods (for the ancient Greeks) was called ambrosia and nectar, respectively, which could today be understood as either what the gods eat and drink or, in the vampiric sensibility, eating and drinking God Himself (Jesus?).   Kerns fruit juice says nectar on it, and there's a bakery in SF that's named Ambrosia.  Nectar begins with neck, reinforcing the vampire thing, no?

Another interesting aspect is the term Eucharist.   It has 'christ' in it.  Not everyone gets this.   But EUCHARIST can be rearranged into Eu a Christ.  You are what you eat!  (less what you excrete).  If everybody is Christ somehow, then it makes sense for a cemetery to put crosses over everyone's grave. 

Jesse, itself, can be Jess, nickname.   So Jesus can be anagrammed to Jess, U.  Me? Ha.

Jesus can also be, in the spanish, Hey Zeus.  Zeus was a Greek God, (referencing Greece again).

Vampire anagrams to "I'm a perv".   Cannibal can be perceived as "can of bull."   Communion, of course, is subliminally "cum-union", just as Holy is clearly a forked-tongue allusion to holes.  Religion wouldn't exist without a sexual subtext, seems to me.  Members, lol.

As an aside, euchre is a card game, Bob Uecker is a former baseball player/actor/comedian (and current announcer for the Brewers), uke is an aikido term (uke a wrist!), there's of course ukulele and eucalyptus, and Flesh and Blood evokes fb (Facebook), and also BF.   For adults, eating and drinking each other is sexual, and also maybe even a subliminal reality underlying communal meals, if you want to get crazy. 

The 7 sacraments (mm, mints!) are: baptism, eucharist, confirmation, marriage, reconciliation, holy orders, and unction.   The priestly sensibility is entertaining, if nothing else.   The show must go on.  God the father (Catholic priests are called Fathers).  All the world's a stage, we all have our roles to play.   Rolls, lol.   There's a) union with God, b) Being God, c) eating God, and d) being eaten by God (different aspects of unity, union, community, communion, godliness, godhood, apotheosis).  Get it?

And Sack (first syllable of Sacrament, if you like deconstruction) can be Santa's bag (of tricks!) or Sacramento (capital of California), or even Oliver Sacks, etc.   Mass is weekly, people are weak!

What's eating you?

No comments: