Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Sympathy and Empathy

Not Psychopathy

Hi, how are you?  I am fine, myself.  My name is Jesse.  You can call me Jess.  My name in Spanish is Jesus or Isai.   The nickname is Chuy.   I like Chuy.  It’s pronounced ‘chewy,’ like Chewbacca.  Chew on that.  My full name is Jesse Lawrence Teshara.  I am a man.  My name is not Jessica. My dad’s name was Larry.  He went by Mr. T.   You can call me Mr. T, too, if you like.  For most people, that evokes the A-team guy, Laurence Tureaud.   It makes me think of a cross and crucifixion, though.  No matter.  You can call me anything you want, lol.  I am God.  One of them.  Another one.  The only, if you like.   That’s the premise of my blog, God’s blog: the Jesse Journal.   Everyone has their own reality, lives in their own world, inhabits their own universe.  You have the power to make your life wonderful.   Being God is self-empowering.  It’s also the fact, already, if we’re honest.  You have the power to make your world heaven.  You choose the people in it, what you do, what you say, what you think.  People are different.   One person’s hell is another’s heaven.  Some of them want to abuse you.  Some of them want to be abused.  Most people are the same, though.  Consensus reality is a bitch for the outliers.  Also, you can be a master, who dominates and controls…  Or submit, who obeys and maybe even accepts being a slave.   Or both, to dominate the devil and submit to almighty god.   Anyway, reality is all the god there ever is.  No one lives forever.  We are impermanent, so we must make our own paradise, while alive.  Utopia, or shambala, or the Kingdom, is, in a word, love-bliss.   Buddhists adjure happiness through relinquishing attachments.  This can also work.  But if you find true love, hold on to it for dear life!   That’s my belief.  I could be wrong.  Error is essential to growth.  Nobody’s perfect, even God.   Gawd.  Maybe no-self, no attachments/aversions,  equanimity and acceptance, sympathy and empathy, and loving kindness, is the proper path.  The right way, of righteousness, right-thinking, meditation, contemplation, stillness, virtue, compassion, service, engagement, is a preferable path to happiness.   You should do what makes you happy.  You should cut out what is undesirable, unpleasant.   Compassion has a cool definition.   The words are almost an initialism (albeit scrambled):  SPACSAMOO.   Here’s what I mean:  Sympathetic Pity And Concern for the Sufferings and Misfortunes of others.    Sufferings and misfortunes play into samsara, too.   I don’t believe in rebirth or reincarnation, in any case.   One life to live, like the soap opera! Oblivion, the universal fate.  We should all work together to make our collective lives heavenly.  And that’s really all there is to say! 

No comments: