Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Latest

my world, update

PANDEMIC
pan bread, dem - demon or democrat, ic - icky or eye see
   Stock up on groceries, rumors of national shutdown / stores closing suddenly, 
      have enough food to last 10 days
Groceries- cans of chili are gold.  I bought veg oil and eggs and butter, today 
    A guy behind me coughed, too close.  Ugh.  (I spent $33).  
        It’s a black (aa) market, with beggers, a cougher, alcohol and lotto purchases
    I won’t go to the free bfp (food pantry) this month, I think.   Cramped quarters.
    I’m eligible for food stamps (calfresh), so I can apply online, get $(100?) cash/mo, or so
    I put a towel under my door, can’t hurt
    Maybe I’ll try grocery delivery, next time.  Probably worth it.  
           Or really early/late shopping hours, with nobody at the market
Instacart and cal fresh and empty markets and amazon whole foods, maybe -delivery
   That’s the ticket

The stock market lost $6 trillion in 6 days.  Quite the coronavirus correction.  That's one expensive bat!   I can't get the internet to tell me a dollar figure on how much was lost since 2/12/2020, (when the Dow hit its all-time high of 29,551) to today (19,173)
(I prefer hearing "value",  not "points"). how much money?  show me the money!
Plus, I want the global economy, the big picture, not just 30 firms (however indicative they may be).

the difference between soap and disinfectant, cleaning vs. disinfecting, detergent vs. soap, respirator vs. ventilator, epidemic vs. pandemic... gowns, goggles, gloves
words like virions, surfactants, dyspnea, and fomites !!
antibacterial wipes (yes, I realize covid is a virus) aren't as great as people think they are...
clean grime first, the wipe must leave the surface wet, it needs to dry (like 10 minutes), then washed.   LINK :    healthyschools.org/data/files/Disinfecting_Wipes_Guide.pdf
 
bleach ratio:  to be used sparingly!  fighting flies with a baseball bat!
 5 tablespoons per gallon of water, or 4 teaspoons per quart!

DREAMS
I saw an image of the pope in my mind, smiling at me, today
I was hugged by my grandpa, in a dream, a couple nights ago (he pinched me!)
another day, I see Jay and Alyce (!).   I see dead people!  3 dead, 1 not (I hope).
  v's:
he is a law soldier; 
I need to kill my fucking soul; 

DAD
Dad status- no improvement in left leg, g’dammit, but we’re told the chemo is still helping.  I’m not sure he’s trying his hardest; seems to me he likes being babied.   His pet scan showed the chemo is working, and so it will continue. (4 treatments so far, I think)

ALL IN THIS TOGETHER
Lots of support
My aunt Rose Marie, the. nun, called to check in.
    I told her about all the books I’m going to read, and she was worried about my vision…
       She just had (successful) surgery on her good eye.
My brother texted me, with photos of the nephews.  Need anything? YOU CALL ME :-)
Dad called, is hoping to see me, despite the shelter-in-place, :-)
Mom called, just to say hi, on walk, needed fresh air. 
     Is reading a good book about interwar Germany.
And Sara is looking out for me, as well.   I hope Augie is okay with all of this.

I finally discovered how to wake up to a chosen song with the Amazon Echo (Alexa)  (Time? by Pink Floyd!) or maybe my request was responded to.  That feels good.   There's guided meditation, too (choose between goals: energized, relaxed, focused, or happy).  "sing a song for 20 seconds" is also fun.

EW
Elizabeth Warren (what I -she?- should have said)
Big, Structural Change.  Who has any idea about how to change the entire system?

She does!  She owns it.  She’s written 3 books, co-written 6, and is a Harvard professor.   She’s smart, and not afraid to say so and identify as such.  She cares, has curiosity, reads, and talks to everyone.  She’s an influential progressive senator.  She has lots of ideas, and you can read about them on her website, x.  Especially since the debates don’t provide a forum for clarifying the extent, depth and breadth, of proposed reform.  She works hard for the American people.  In gratitude, her supporters should work hard for her.  Go to X.  She’s a Warren, because she’s not a Mann.  And because she’s a fighter.  Also, it’s better than x, her maiden name.  She’s proud to be a woman, and in the vanguard of the woman’s movement.  Let’s help her break this stupid presidential glass ceiling!  Go Liz!

My blog stats (thought I'd share), for March (page views)
19, 107, 18, 107, 37, 89, 81, 331, 364, 372, 38, 113, 18, 101, 22 (ides of march), 95, 33, 112, 32, 114 (today, Friday 3/20).  2203 in 20 days; avg. of about 110/day.  :-)

No comments: