Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Surfaces

Not Microsoft, or Sarah MacLaughlin
Covid-19 / SARS-CoV-2

(SARS stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome)
(cute, Sara, sin, rome!)
not laughing at covfefe anymore, are we?
Coronavirus, drink a Corona, when all this is over :-)

I'm thinking doorknobs/handles, faucets, toilet handles, light switches...
I have around a dozen roommates (!) (somebody's coughing, out there)
   (should I put a towel under my door?)
I've provided antibacterial soft-soap in one bathroom.
    There's another bottle of the same stuff in the kitchen.
Isolation and quarantine and social spacing/distancing (6 feet)..
We are, SI (self-isolation)
Staying the f- off of Bart
Holing up in my room, reading (I've got plenty of material)
    only coming out to walk dogs, use bathroom
The gym is closed, anyway
Beans, rice, pasta, Mac n cheese, oatmeal, water
I have a hot plate, and gigantic water bottle.
A (low-supply) bottle of Purell,
     Softsoap refill bottle (a quarter left), and
     Lysol disinfecting wipes

symptoms
fever, (dry) cough, shortness of breath
    the germs can live for 3 days on some surfaces
    infection will manifest in 2-14 days
    on it's own, the number infected doubles every 5-6 days
"majority of cases result in mild symptoms"
    (but some progress to pneumonia, multi-organ failure)

the elderly and immune-compromised are the main at-risk
also, those with underlying health conditions, such as
   diabetes, lung disease, or heart disease
CFR is less than 3%, I think (case fatality rate):
   "deaths per no. of diagnosed cases is estimated between 1 and 5%
   but varies by age and other health conditions"

Prevention:
avoid touching face (mouth, eyes, nose) with unwashed hands
wash hands for 20s (at least)
     after using toilet
     before eating or preparing food
     after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing
stay home if sick
cover your cough, or sneeze with a tissue, then throw tissue in trash

damn bats!!
the stock market is down 5 trillion dollars! (last I heard)

Hunkering Down
Reading:
1800 pages
I have 3 library books:
(Vonnegut, 900pp) (Philosophy, 600pp)(BASS, 300pp)
best American short stories, (I am 230pp in)

and MANY books, in my room
   (including dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, legal, medical,
    masd, sci-fi, horror, jokes, psych, spanish, literature,
    big book of series (12 volumes)

online,
there's wikipedia, arts and letters, J! archive, ted talks...
joe frank, judge John hodgman, Comedy Central
YouTube, pinterest, instagram, blogs
facebook, twitter, poetry foundation

HEN
History (daily 5 sources), Email (like 30/day), News:
    economist, ny times, yahoo, wikipedia, onion, flash briefing (echo)

LISTEN
I can listen to music on my Echo (from a book of 10,001 songs, too)

EXERCISES
dancing, stretching, lunges, jumping jacks, burpees
pushups, crunches, planks, shakes
dumbell bicep curls, "Arnold" curls, tricep extensions, bent rows

WORDS
fun pandemic terms, for the whole family!
sick ill diseased
germs pathogens
bug infection
bacteria virus
  pathogens also include: fungus, protozoan, prion, viroid

deadly, lethal
toxic, poisonous
dangerous, threatening
armed bio- weapon!
      there are distinctions

parting words:
cough, sneeze, blow your nose, and spit
body language, facial expression, physicality
read between the lines

No comments: