Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Fear and Loathing

Fame and Fortune
Fast and Furious
Forgive and Forget

Philosophy
I just checked out The History of Philosophy, by AC Grayling.

Grayling makes me think of (youthful) space aliens (some of which are called "grays").

"if the starting point for reflection is acceptance of a religious doctrine, then the reflection that follows is theology, or theodicy, or exegesis, or casuistry, or apologetics, or hermeneutics, but it is not philosophy."

food for thought
A Plato of Bacon, Schopenhauer for Epicurean in Descartes, Hegel bagel, Bentham ham, virtue chew, Popper, Merleau, and Moore!  like parmesan Parmenides.  Abelard lard.

I also have
The Best American Short Stories, 2018, Roxane Gay, editor
and
Complete Stories,  by Kurt Vonnegut
(ass and gut!)

all due the 31st.  (but no late fees, I think).
kind of like homework, but freer, and maybe more fun.
I'm sitting for Rover, at the end of the month (I hope):
     their trip to Hawaii might be cancelled, though

TERMS:
(The The played in the background as Herman casually apologized to his ex!). Love is stronger than death :-)

theology
the study of the nature of god and religious belief
religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed

theodicy
the vindication of divine goodness and providence in view of the existence of evil

exegesis
critical explanation or interpretation of a text, especially of scripture

casuistry
the use of clever but unsound reasoning, especially in relation to moral questions; sophistry

apologetics
reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine

hermeneutics
the branch of knowledge that deals with interpretation, especially of the Bible or religious texts

No comments: