Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Devirtues and Devices

Devices

I have 3 Apple devices: an old MacBook, a new cellphone (XR), and an iPad tablet.  I'm planning on getting a new laptop, just because. Maybe I'll wait. I like mine, now, honestly.  Even if it IS slow, and doesn't have the newest bells and whistles.  But Oregon doesn't have sales tax. I'm going to Portland next month, to house/dog-sit.  I also have beat (apple) wireless headphones, which I love, but usually only use at the gym.  I have a tv and dvd player, (both of) which I rarely use. Like my blender.  I have an Amazon Echo (Alexa), which I use all the time.  I have two iTunes gift cards, I haven't used yet, i've had for years (!).  I have an Amazon Prime membership.  And an Amazon music subscription ($3.99/mo), which is also fun.  I have a portable am/fm radio, with presets (oldschool, right?), that I listen to when I'm on my bike or walking. Kalx, etc.  I have an alarm clock, a kitchen timer, another set of wireless headphones for the computer (the computer's speaker(s) doesn't work), 2 bikelights (the front one is rechargeable!), a (used) printer, and some battery-powered lamps, in case of blackout (I also have candles).  My phone has a flashlight (and compass, etc.)  I have 2 watches, and a radio (the cd player doesn't work), and a fan, and a heater, and a scale.  I have a kindle, as well as many other portable reading devices (aka books, lol).  I still haven't used the kindle yet, but I've had it awhile.  I have reading glasses, and normal glasses. I have a nice metal (zebra) pen, I like.  I have a hunting knife. I have a can opener, scissors, scotch tape, duct tape, a giant water container, a water bottle, an impressive basket from Belize, a terra-cotter warrior figure (archer) from Xian, China, and another, smaller, figurine, of a priest, from Oaxaca Mexico.  I've moved from devices to property, in general, which was not my intent. I'll stop here.

How have all these toys affected me and my life? For the better or worse?  I'd be happy just with library books for stimulus, without all these things!  I used to watch lots of tv, now almost none. My to do list has better things, in my opinion.  Does that make me a snob? Hope not. I like standup comedy, ridiculousness, shorts, animation, nature, documentaries, and some basketball.

I have lots of old clothes, shoes, cd's, and even notebooks, going back to the '90's.  Too much, really.  I like my blog. I can offload, share with the public, and be better understood.  I can organize my thoughts, create a system, a philosophy, an identity.  Happy Valentines Day! Happy vd, lol.  Saint Valentine was sainted. Sainted could be abbreviated std, lol.

ANYway,
my books are mostly History, Religion, Psychology, Spanish, Trivia, and Jokes.  I have 3 books that are lists of OTHER books.

Devirtues?  off the top of my head-
Contentment, equanimity, it's all good, friendship, peace, prosperity, health, vegetarian diet, safety, preparedness, honor, love, wisdom, purpose, a mission even, discipline, achievement, integrity, bliss, pleasure, community, travel, relaxation, fun, excitement (white water rafting, skydiving, waterskiing, even trying a segway)...  Freedom to do whatever the fuck you want!  Beauty, fitness, strength, sex.  Meditation, stillness, calm, tranquil, placid.  Humor, laughter, joy!

No comments: