Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

My Meme

I am God

Morgan Freeman, who played God in the movie Bruce Almighty, has been quoted in interviews as saying "I am God,"  because he believes God was made by man, not the other way around.   God was made in man's image, another way of saying it.  I don't speak for him, but I think I know better than most what he means.

Kanye West is rumored to have named his upcoming album "I am God".  And he is, too.

1)"God is love"
I love myself
I god myself (self-apotheosis)

2)"only God is good"
I am good
therefore, I am God

(1 and 2 are different ways of saying the same thing, I think)

3)God is a role to play, an identity
(like Santa Claus)
In the song Santa Claus is coming to town, the lyrics say "so be good for goodness' sake""
That's the essence of religion.  I.e. "Be Good"
Santa may not exist, but you can change your name, grow a beard, give kids toys, and take on the identity.   That's as real as it gets.  (Just like vampires may not exist, but if somebody who believes themself to be a vampire kills you, it comes to the same thing).

4)God's name is "I am" (says the old testament)
which can be taken to mean as
a)God exists, or
b)God is existence (all of it),
i.e. reality, the universe, everything.
("Reality is all the God there ever is" -Adi Da Samraj)
("The All" -of which we are only a part- is God)
c)I am!

5) In the phrase, "you gotta look out for number one,"  'number one' means yourself.
SO,
when the bible says "God is one",
that can be taken to mean God is YOU.

6)You are what you eat (to which I would add, "less what you excrete")
So if you eat God, you become him.  You become good.
Which is the basic "mystery" of the christian eucharist.
My name 'Jesse' supposedly means "the whole office of the eucharist"
Don't eat me!  (and don't eat my dogs, either, please)
(Did you know Hitler was a vegetarian?)
relevant 'one' quotes:
-If God is one, how can I be evil? -Charles Manson

"We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively"
 - a (dead) comedian (forgot his name)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portrayals_of_God_in_popular_media

No comments: