Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, May 18, 2009

Religious Literature

Apparently, Dubya's administration peppered their documents with bible quotes. This strikes me as weird. On one hand, we have free speech, but on the other, we believe in keeping separation between church and state. This sounds like a court case worth watching.

Also, people are so weird these days, with JW's giving out literature by foot, house to house, as well as other stuff about the antichrist or whatnot. I saw the subtitle on one of these religious tracts that read, "I will be like the Most High."

Well, that seems relevant to me and this.

What drug gets you the most high? Crack? Meth? Heroin? I think I'd definitely be the Most High if I took some drugs on top of Mount Everest. Or in outer space.

I'm pretty sure that's not what they were referring to, though.

I think the drug they're referring to is good old fashioned Power. I say everyone's equally powerful, because everyone has the potential to be virtually Omnipotent (in their own heads). This might be a kind of magic trick, though. Real Power would be having the ability to effect change. I have a few causes I'm supporting thus far: carbon offsets available for purchase at airports, universal acceptance of Adoption as the loving alternative to the frankly sick "choice" of abortion, kindles for prisoners, all the world's books available for free online, basic needs (including healthcare) available for the entire world, no nukes, no militaries, and last but not least, an end to my symptoms of voice, head shocks, and occasional chest pains.

My medication is being adjusted right now, but I'm less ornery, and more able to help out at Sara's store, which everybody thinks is a good thing, although I'm pretty sure my anger (medicated or not) is right on target. So what if people think I'm scary. I am not a danger to myself or others. But I guess I have to keep taking all these drughs, as the last time I went off them, well...I'll just say it was unpleasant. More power to the Icarus folks, though.

Power is knowledge, money, violence, and influence. I'm concentrating on the knowledge part, with a sense that I have influence, whether or not I can verify that or not. Like subliminal influence, or changing the collective unconscious, or being the first mover, or something.

Peace out. May the force be with you. Om. (I think I'll throw in an NamMyohoRengeKyo for good measure).
-God.

No comments: