Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ain't he lucky?

Fun factoid:

The deficit totaled $20.9 billion in April
Bill Gates has 40B
hmm. That's 5.97 for each person on earth (!)
He's richer than the U.S. Treasury
(then again, isn't everyone?)

Lomborg v. Gore
I have to say I believe Bjorn Lomborg over Al Gore.
But I also think we really can do everything, at once, if we're serious about mobilizing to solve all the world's problems, inter-related as they are, together. Massive Gore environmental policy change, activism, and the change of individual behaviors can really happen WHILE we solve all the other problems, too (such as the one's I outlined in my SWBP section). Can't we use our Superduper Supercomputers to map out the best course of action for us? Then again, maybe my brain is better. Faith in God, hmm. God is a collective. Just do it.

I'll keep readers posted on what I do besides write to help the Universe. Otherwise, I'd just be
the king of slactivism,
to be up on the lingo.

I'm helping my wife out at her store, at the moment.
Wisdom from the store: (and also the Bagavad Gita) "The practice of Yoga destroys the miseries of a person." A guy's T-shirt says this. Now, THAT's what I'm talkin about.

Om, I am One with the Computer.
stick that in your peacepipe and smoke it.
Meditate, Ponder, and become One with EverythiNg.

Speaking of Bill Gates, I found this site, which is interesting for all you techies.

And this, too. (I kind of have a Bill Gates obsession):

Some in the business community challenge Gates’ insistence that corporations should seek solutions to all the challenges facing less affluent nations. Once such naysayer, CNET News.com’s Declan McCullagh, insists that “encouraging companies to give to charities, enter smaller markets, or assign top employees to tackle intractable problems in far-flung regions–where those companies may not even have business–conflicts with the duties owed to shareholders.”

What folks like McCullagh fail to realize is that we are all shareholders with a stake in raising the world’s living standards...to increase the peace, reduce the poverty/suffering, and create a sustainable, cooperative, happier world. Developing backward economies will create a larger world market, with greater comfort for all. Creating a sense of human identity over national identities is the only healthy thing, in my view.

Learn more about Bill Gates’ global goals at gatesfoundation.org.

No comments: