Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, December 31, 2021

Ooh Rah

I had a dream I was in the US military, last night

I woke up in the midst of my speech to a superior, about wanting out.

Here’s my diatribe, on even further reflection-


Conscientious Objector


I will never be a part of a war machine.   Insofar as the military works for peace, I am willing to assist in any way possible.  But I will not die for my country.  I love my country, but I love my life more, my planet more, my fellow homo sapiens, and my God, more than I do some silly flag and national anthem and schoolbook history lessons.  I am a member of humanity, not America.  I am a human being first.  I have always been for peace.   I was an International Relations major in college.  I have read Hiroshima.  War is hell.  Why would anyone in their right mind support killing strangers, unless they were pathological or criminal?  War is mindless killing.   I will not ever submit to a spineless hierarchy of military orders.  I love my country, but I also love my fellow man.   I am more of a humanist than I am a nationalist.  I am pro-life.   I don’t even believe in killing animals for food.   And you better believe that humans are just animals!  I would rather be locked up for being unpatriotic than participate in so base an institution.  Killing is wrong.  War is even worse.  Mindless submission to a president/ commander-in-chief, is not my idea of virtue.  What WOULD I die for?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.   If aliens want to take over, they can go right ahead.   We’re all going to die, in any case.   There are no causes greater than myself.  It’s a dog eat dog world, and I will not fall for any hooha about heroism or honor.   God bless everyone.  Countries are legal fictions.  They do not exist.  Just like rights.   Or “God”, as a supposed consciousness behind (destructive) Acts of God.  Nuclear weapons are not the answer, and never have been.  Atomic bombs, biological weapons, chemical warfare, flamethrowers, machine guns, I hold no illusions about the rottenness and immorality of the so-called Department of Defense.   The whole fucking thing is offensive.  God is love, and also a man of war, and if he really loves us, he will prevent war from happening in the first place.  And maybe he doesn’t.  But I do.


Conscientious Partiicipant


God is a man of war.  War against war, the psy war against hostility, in the first place.  The art of diplomacy, and good international relations, and mutual assistance, and working together for the betterment of mankind, of our planet, and all its life.  A global economy that works for everyone.  A global society that respects all cultures, religions, political systems, and has open borders for trade, tourism, migration, and work.  People should be able to go anywhere, love anyone, and think or say anything.  That is my belief.  Organizations like MSF and the UN and Mercy for Animals and Amnesty International and Greenpeace and Red Cross and even the Catholic Church or CJCLDS are all far better, more moral, institutions than the DOD.   The Pentagon, the military, the army/navy/air force/marines, are all prepared to fight, to murder, to kill, to injure, to hurt, to maim, and destroy.  The use of force.  Obey or die.  Fuck that.  Do good, or do nothing.  Military slavery is not my idea of virtue, love, kindness, compassion, bliss.   But you can do whatever the hell you want with your damn life, I’m not stopping you. 


Militantly pacifist

An oxymoron, a moron who buys oxy clean

Punk ass fist?  Milling it over, like the ant that I am

The Hitler of Pacifism

Feeling pacific over the pacific ocean

Peace-loving

The soldier loves his piece

Military intelligence (mil-intel?), a lord matter

   life or death

omg, prosciutto and anti shoot o

Guns for self-defense

Chess is war, so I don’t even play

"do-gooders" vs.  "do-badders" (it's not black and white)

an ecologist's argument for thinning the herd?

No comments: