Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, April 24, 2020

Inexorable Juggernaut

well, hopefully not

It seems like the pandemic is on track to infect everyone.  Unavoidable, fated, universal.  Left to itself, it was said to double every 5-6 days, which had me thinking of the wheat and chessboard problem, which results in a figure much higher than most people expect, because it is exponential. But we've made social distancing a norm, along with quarantining, and self-isolation.  The shutdown is having an effect.   There is hope.  It could be over in 2 weeks, if EVERYBODY stayed home, but some degree of interaction is still necessary, because not everybody has hoarded rice and beans, like me.  I have like a dozen roommates, so there is some anxiety.  2 people, at least, are coughing in the living room, fairly regularly.  I have a hotplate and a pisspot, to limit the number of times out of my room, as well as a 5 gallon water jug.  I have bleach, hand sanitizer, wipes, and 5 facemasks.  I bought a bug net for my head, from REI (to help me keep from touching my face).  I wash my hands every time after I touch a doorknob, light switch, or toilet handle, for 20s +.  I have tons of pasta and oatmeal, in addition to rice and beans.  I've ordered groceries delivered from Safeway, twice (with their app).  I've also ordered a couple pizzas.  My brother says, if things get hairy, or scarier, I can move into an unused bnb unit owned by some friends, in San Francisco.  I feel comfortable, for now. Sara says I shouldn't take on any wag walks.  Wag! says I won't be booted for not walking (since early March).  I paused my gym membership.  I sometimes exercise in my room.  I lift dumb bells (arnold presses, tricep extensions, bent rows), stretch on my floor (hurdler's stretch, calf stretch, groin stretch, sun salutation, happy baby, child's pose, opening the hips, a few things I don't know what to call -shoulder stretch, and toe rotation and twisting my trunk and rotating my arms), planks, shakes (like a shake weight without the weight), pushups, sit-ups, crunches, passes, dancing, and high-kicking.  I have an amazon echo with a music membership, for the atmosphere.  I could do a lot more.  I could jumprope (even without the actual rope), or jog outside, or do burpees or lunges or squats or side planks... I have a book with 2100 asanas (yoga positions) I haven't started.  Isometrics holds possibility.  I have gnc whey protein powder, 2 jars, to last awhile.  So that's how I've adapted.  I don't watch tv, but I do listen to a lot of music.  I have daily and weekly news, and email, and library books, and books of my own, that I haven't read yet.  J! archive is always there, as is the onion, ted, arts and letters daily, and of course wikipedia.  I like to occasionally dip into twitter, facebook, instagram, and pinterest.   I have more than enough to do.  I am never bored.  I haven't even begun the immersion into spanish or martial arts that I'd like to achieve.  I have books of both.  Plus, of course, I stop and relax and meditate or just sit, to music or silence.  I'm getting enough sleep (occasionally too much).  I'm satisfied with my blog traffic.  I'm healthy, and busy.  So that's my current situation.   Maybe it offers you an idea or two.  Peace out.

Jess

No comments: