Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, April 3, 2020

bit o' blather

Quarantine lockdown shelter in place social distancing self-isolation hand washing defeater of novel (wuhan) coronavirus (write a novel?!), covid-19, sars-cov-2 (or whatever).
cv, curriculum vitae, no?  And cvs.  Corona virus supplies.  Crime vice sin.  Chtulhu voldemort sauron.  Cruel vicious sadistic.   Cruella vampire satan.  Can’t think of any more.  Crown virus, not bacteria, but a pathogen, a germ, on fomites, don’t touch your face!  Face the facts!  Or face the axe!

What to write, in this situation, that could last… September?  It’s Friday April 3, 2020.  We need to cooperate, and collectively face as much pain in the present that we can, to prevent MORE pain, later.   I don’t mind being alone.  I have enough homework to last the rest of my life.  The daily ny times, the weekly economist, and the daily onslaught of email to clear.  I can just sit and ponder my navel.  I like my own company.  And I often detest the company of others.   So bring it on!  Just what the doctor ordered.  I will learn to speed-read, and I will make a dent in my colossal to-do bucket list.  I’ll come out of this, filled to the gills, with self-defense books and video tips, ted talks, wikipedia facts, deep immersion in reference materials like dictionary and atlas and encyclopedia and medical texts, and literature, trivia, music, spanish, yoga, philosophy, history, geography… and a body sculpted by disciplined adherence to a workout regimen and diet that results in the strong frame and beautiful appearance I’ve always wanted.  This thing is a fucking godsend.  It’s a goddamn blessing, is what it is.   Plus, the world will be prepared for future epidemics, some of which have the potential to be much worse, just like 9-11 woke us up, and helps toward countering both biological and nuclear terrorism.  The world needs to learn we’re all in this together (alone).  Meditation and disruption of routine both shake up the world, making it better, ultimately.   That is my belief and hope.  We’ll see.

Anyway, I have time to get creative.  Fiction.  Horror and hell and murderous spite, covered.  Immersion in escapist literature, transporting to different worlds, in time, space, and possibility.  I’d rather read than write.  I can exercise in my room.  Daily structure, routine, and discipline.  Get to it, git r done, get on with it.  No time like the present.   The past is a history, the future is a mystery, now is a gift, is why it’s called the present.  That’s a meme, possibly a bit trite, but I’ll invoke it, anyway.  Make the best of things.  There’s a reason for everything.  Even rogue bat blood.  Ha.  I hope that bat was delicious, you fucker.  Hard to believe reality could include a 6 trillion dollar bat.  Thanks, Ozzie.  Geez. 

No comments: