Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Saturday night

Happy 40th birthday, bro!

The world is in turmoil.   elections, demonstrations, riots, wars, displacement and migration, climate change, artificial intelligence, billionaires and homelessness, the internet providing access to omnipresent near- omniscience, quantum computers, trump and his stream of idiocy and foolishness… my family and my roommates and friends, and my routines (early to bed, early to rise), trying to be more vegetarian, and use and improve my spanish, and do things like go to glide memorial, or explore Tilden park, or do (free!) yoga, or simply do daily fit-bits of exercise like push-ups or planks, or fly a kite with my nephew in SF, if I can…

Personally, besides blogging, I walk dogs with Wag! (am I still an independent contractor?  There was a court case..), and read books, and try and keep up with news (i bought a ny times subscription), and daily history, and fill in the time with trivia cards and amazon echo (‘alexa’) music and jokes, and some exercise (i have a gym membership), with the abundance of youtube videos (i especially like self-defense, and cirque, and magic, and mtv ridiculousness videos).  I want to buy cool Christmas gifts for everybody, and produce an excellent blog (which gets around 85 page views a day), and of course, be all I can be.

Fires and hurricanes and corruption and human rights abuses and terrorist threat and cyber-insecurity and filter bubbles and so many things to do, like ted talks, or J! Archive, or wikipedia, or Joe Frank…. There’s just so much going on.   I want to read Bloom’s canon, and Bill Gates’ book recommendations, and all the award winners, and the best American series, and the 1001/501 must-read lists, and listen to the 10,001 songs (from another book).   There’s really too much homework I’ve assigned myself.  Life is great, and never boring, even when I retreat into meditative silence, which is ALSO important.  I have like 10 joke books.  That's a fun world to go into, periodically (including standup comedy).

That’s enough.   I don’t need to have a girlfriend, or be in a relationship - I’m happily asexual.  I’m doing something, 24-7.  I’m as productive and healthy as I can be, and aiming high, for mental health as well as being physically fit and strong, and grateful and appreciative for my amazing life.   If I don’t do anything wrong, then I’m doing something right.  If I’m not suffering, then I’m enjoying the comfort.  Life is simple.  Being good, which in itself is being God, is simply not being bad.   That’s doable.  That’s not something unhuman or impossible.   That’s a gospel I can preach to everybody, no matter what you believe.   Getting paid to exercise is a pretty good deal.   Engagement in my blog and learning and music and books and the news and health is an example that I think exceeds even the level of our current president (!).   I'm not lying an average of 22 times a day.   So, call me crazy, but I think my life is insanely sane.   Peace be with you.  Shalom.  Peace be unto you.  May the force be with you.  Peace out.  Aleikum.

No comments: