Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, November 25, 2019

Reading

latest in JLT's world

Bike in the shop, getting maintenance (new brake pads, and fixing the kickstand), $62 damage, ready tomorrow, I think/hope.  I start sitting for 4 days, tomorrow, too, for Junie and Giffen and the 2 outdoor cats, up the block.   They’re going to Oregon and Florida (Electra, Teresa, and  Johnny).  I’m going to my parents house in SF on Thursday night for Thanksgiving dinner.  I’ll bring gifts for Greg and Declan’s birthday.  A top and glow dough for Deckie, and maybe a giant Jenga game for Greg.  I’ll bring back a coffee pot.  And I should get cookies!  Tomorrow, I have a dental appointment, Berkeley free clinic, 8p.  Maybe I’ll have my bloodwork results, online, from Kaiser.  Then this weekend I’ll help Grace and pick up the back issues of the New York Times (and get paid!).  The following weekend I’m putting lights on the folks’ xmas tree.  That’s the plan, man.  Punctuated by reading the ny times and reading thousands of trivia cards!  Life is good!  No time for a book a day, though.  Unless I up my game, and learn how to speed read.  Which I think I really SHOULD do.  Go slow, says Key Caulker.   Well, whatever.  

Go fast!  Celerity, posthaste!  Onward!  Git r done.  Giddyup.  Get a move on.  Get goin. I like to move it, move it.  Yah!  (the yah way).  Mush! (in the mush room).  Wear a speedo.  With a quickness.  Take some Speed.  Meth? Coke?  Caffeine?  Red Bull?  Plain old sugar?  Get amped!  Woosh, zip, vroom, flash!  Running man.  Flash gordon.   That x-men character.  Quicksilver.  Quicksilver messenger service.  Ha.  

Read demon.  Faster than you can turn the pages!  Ingest?  In jest!  In Jess T.   Devour the pages.   Eat it up, yum.  Drink it in.  Absorb.  Consume.  Engage!  Yummy.  Feed your head.

Alternate universe, different reality, in other people’s heads, escapism, satisfying the thirst and itch and curiosity, engaged and absorbed, and thinking and learning, transported to different times and places, situations, creativity, being taken for a ride, follow different stories, artistic visions, imagination, stimulus, vocabulary, characterization, plots and development, states of consciousness… travel.   literary culture shock!

History and poetry.  What’s the haps?

No comments: