Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, July 22, 2019

On Race

B and W: actually, though-
brown and (there's no word for it)
caucasian?  not from the caucasus!

Imaginary interrogation about my thoughts/feelings on race

Are you racist?
Well, I think all people are more or less the same, so no.
But I do think blacks are, on average, stupider but more athletic, because of slavery.
Also, I’m schizophrenic and have a black man in my head - I’m a telepath with an African-American lawyer I met in college.

Why would black skin make someone stupider?
Well, first of all whites aren’t white, and blacks are brown, so the whole language is wrong, and makes it seem like we’re in a giant chess match or something.  
Maybe racism.  Or maybe the smarter blacks in Africa figured out how not to get captured.

Well, why isn’t Africa rich if the remaining blacks were so genius?
I don’t believe in a correlation between intelligence and net worth.

Do you think whites are better than blacks?
No.  Apples and oranges.  I like both.   Today I feel like apples.
I’ve been to African american church services, a couple of times.
They didn’t make me feel particularly welcome.
I feel superior to many blacks, but also feel inferior to David, who is a genius.
But he’s kind of a dick, so I still feel like I’m a kinder and gentler person.

Why do you feel superior to many blacks?
Well, it’s not because I’m white.  It’s because I feel I’m intelligent, and know how to think and write well, and also because I’m curious, and read a lot.  It’s the same reason I feel I’m better than most people, of any race.   I get the sense, from rappers and hip-hop and people I see in my neighborhood, that blacks are angry and unhealthy, the women are so often obese, and they play their music loud and are trying to be offensive.  But Eminem’s a dick, too.  

What do you think the solution to racism is?

well, hating people of a different race is irrational and absurd, and keeping separate (whether in black cliques or white cliques) doesn’t make sense, either.   So just mix it up, and everybody should know people from different backgrounds, and we should all respect each other, because we’re all in the same boat.   America is a melting pot, so the black and white cultures could become a grey culture, I guess you could say.  Interracial relationships and marriage, based on the content of people’s character, of course, seems like it could be just what the doctor ordered.   And maybe we don’t need to talk differently.

What about a United States of Africa?
That would be amazing.   And empowering, I think, too.

v
'you ARE kind of a racist, jess'

okay, further reflection:

We’re all born equal, equally stupid you could say, maybe.   So the bit about race and intelligence is all hogwash, probably, I guess.  Discipline and curiosity is 99% of genius, as if I’m smart enough to actually know what numbers to assign, lol.   But hard work, writing and reading and researching and questioning, must surely make up for any deficit of cognitive ability.  I’m smart enough to know I’m kind of retarded, sometimes, myself.  Meditating and not thinking and damping down the monkey-mind is of course an effective method of maintaining a well-functioning intellect, a healthy mind, as opposed to intensely thinking 24-7, or praying without ceasing, or whatever else it may be.  Having a voice complicates things.  It’s called psychosis, but maybe it should be called a “broken brain.”  I suspect everybody is psychotic, more often than people suspect.  A broken heart still pumps, and broken brains still think.  Code breakers and breaking and entering maybe are metaphors for psychic intrusion.  Take a break, at work.  Have breakfast.  Brake your vehicle.  Broken bones.  You get the idea.  None of us are ever truly alone.  Most of us call it God, but some of us call it telepathy, with plain old human individuals.  All in all is all we are.  Everything, all the time.  Mind games, hypnosis, chess… computer-enhanced minds, the modern mentality, plugged into our phones and internet.   We’re all superhuman.

I wish white people could say nigger.   I wish it weren’t offensive, especially if blacks use it among themselves.  I wish black people -all people, really- weren’t insane.  That’s the real problem.  Almost everybody is fucking batshit crazy.  At least that’s how I see it.  If nigger is offensive, how can there be an entire country called Niger?  Go figure.  One G.

No comments: