Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Monday, February 5, 2024

My Linked In Profile

Hi.  I am an excellent dog-walker, as paid exercise, and a friend to dogs and their owners.  But I enjoy reading, trivia, staying informed, and blogging.   I've had a blog (God's Blog, the Jesse Journal) since 2008.    It occasionally attracts over 2000 views in a day, but in any case I put the number on my calendar daily, and enjoy following its traffic statistics.  I like being productive, and am motivated to make money, and prove I am not disabled.  I won a journalism award in high school, was an International Relations major in college (UC Davis), speak Spanish, and currently enjoy reading, writing, and thinking about God, religion, and spirituality (among much else) for my blog.  I have restaurant experience, as well as Boy Scout summer camp counselor experience (Royaneh), and volunteer experience for the Democratic Party.  I am an Eagle Scout, and I live in Berkeley, California.  Even though I won a Berkeley alumni scholarship, I went to Davis and participated in their freshman honors program (Integrated Studies).   I have a gym membership, and am motivated to be strong, fit, healthy, well, and sane. 

MY RESUME:

PROFILE

I enjoy writing, won the journalism award in high school, and have had a blog since 2008, for the love of sharing, and without remuneration.  Money?  It’s time.  I write about everything.

EXPERIENCE

Dog WALKER, WAG!, Berkeley, CALIFORNIA, 2016-PRESENT 

Paid exercise, and fun for dogs, walkers, and owners alike.  I did not grow up with dogs, but my partner did, and I’m glad to have them in my life now.  I also sit, which entails food, water, and medication, in addition to exercise.  


ASSISTANT, MAIN ELEMENT (ART STORE), CALISTOGA, CALIFORNIA, 2010-2012

Wife’s small business venture;  I talked with customers, answered questions, rang up sales, unpackaged and hung art, and did what Sara needed.   

COOK, WOODSTOCK”S PIZZA, DAVIS, CALIFORNIA, 1995

Took phone orders, made pizzas, etc., and cleared tables.  Often busy (“slammed”), and earned free meals, working to music.  Dishes, deliveries, and day after day decibels and demanding details :-).

Boy SCOUT SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR, CAZADERO, CALIFORNIA, 1985-1990

My grandfather was an Eagle Scout, as was my dad, as so is my brother.  Camp Royaneh, in the redwoods, near the Russian RIver, is beautiful and fun.  Scouting is co-ed now, but at the time it was just boys.  I taught campers (age 10-17) rowing, canoeing, swimming, the ropes course (COPE), and was a commissioner (keeping the adult leaders happy, basically).  

EDUCATION

UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS —  BA, INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, 1993

Emphasis, Third World Studies.  Minor, Spanish

Saint Ignatius College Preparatory, San Francisco (high school)

AP US History, Spanish, English.   Ran cross-country and track.  Yearbook editor.  

Boston College Book Award, Cal alumni scholarship, UCD freshman honors program


SKILLS 

Cheering people up, dog-walking, reading, writing, and conversation.  I know a thing or two about fitness, and cook a mean pizza.


REFERENCES

1.Sara Brown, owner of Main Element (now closed), Portland OR.  

2.Michael Helbush, roommate, (calls my room ‘Salon’ for weekly listen to HOS), Berkeley CA (HOS= Hearts of Space)


Interview question:

Tell me about yourself.


I'm a blogger since 2008, a writer since grammar school (1980's).   My blog has had 353k+ viewers.  In high school, I was in AP and honors English, was the Yearbook editor, and won the Journalism Award.  I write about everything.  From words themselves (like wordplay and poetry), to GodReligion&Spirituality, to Psych and Society, and a little Politics and Policy.  Plus, of course, I write about my life and myself, mostly for my family and friends.  And I read: The Economist, Wikipedia, books.   I just read a book about Buddhism ('What the Buddha Taught' by Walpola Rahula), as well as another book about martial arts and self defense (Special Forces Extreme Unarmed Combat, hand to hand fighting skills, by Martin J. Dougherty).  


I like exercise.  I have a gym membership.  I want to look good and feel good.  I've recently started dating someone new.  I'm really into her, and excited about the future.  She's pretty, smart, funny, and ambitious.  She makes me happy.


I am an Eagle Scout, and love being outdoors, getting out into Nature.  The summer camp I spent my youth at was beautiful and fun, in the redwoods, with swimming, boating, horses, shooting sports, campfires, hiking, and wildlife.


I don't have a car, and ride bike bart and bus everywhere.  I was in an accident, and prefer public transit.  I have an e-bike.


I'm uncle Jesse, the real thing.  I have 2 nephews, and friends with 2 sons who call me Uncle, too.  My brother works for a shipping container company.  My mom used to be a social worker, and goes to Catholic Mass every day.  My aunt is a nun.  My other aunt is retired, and used to be the Sheriff of San Francisco!  

No comments: