Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Tomorrow Is

Another day

     So I woke up, and it was early, like 4:30a, and I considered going back to bed, but I felt ambitious, so -in the pursuit of health, wealth, and wisdom- I started my day.   Made my bed.   Made breakfast.  Made water.  A bowl of oatmeal with raisins, a multivitamin, an omega 3 fish oil capsule, a pot of coffee, and a glass of protein powder.   Checked my email.  Sat still for 10 minutes, breathing.  Made an outline list of things to do, today.  Checked my blog.  Set my alarm for 5p, so I can see the tally of daily page views to my “God’s blog.”  Blog traffic sometimes, inexplicably goes over a thousand, and other times hits rock bottom (like 20).   I write the number on my calendar, to keep track.  A daily routine.  Maybe I’ll walk a dog, earn some money, or maybe it’s a “day off.”  

     Maybe I’ll go to a grocery store, or maybe I’ll get a meal from a taco truck or restaurant.  Sometimes I order a pizza.   Usually Papa John’s.  Ranch chicken garlic tomato, I like, often.  I like sushi burritos, and a couple subway sandwiches, and shawarma salad, and nachos, and the occasional bongo burger.   I like lox bagels from Noah’s.   I like an occasional spicy Chinese dish (say, Mongolian beef).  I like regular burritos, veg, chorizo, shrimp, chile relleno, carnitas, asada.   I like an occasional thai or ethiopian dish.  There’s a new veg restaurant that makes weird meat-substitutes, that’s kinda interesting.  Whenever I’m in San Leandro, I go to Los Pericos and get a super pastor taco.  There’s a new, third, taco truck in the neighborhood with a large menu, near Snoopy and Shelby’s, I’ve been to once, and plan on, again.   Chipotle is good, too.  I like to eat.   My mom always says I have such a wonderful stomach, lol.  Anyway, life is more than food.   Feed your head.

     I read history almost every day.  I get the daily NYT.   I also get the weekly Economist.  I have a library book of best travel writing to get to.  I have a really nice dictionary and atlas I want to absorb.   I have some Pynchon books I bought, that await.  My email refills with like 30, daily.   I’ve been entering the PCH lottery, on whim.   I bought a sonic cockroach repeller from them, due to arrive yesterday, but still nothing yet.  I’m sitting for a friend’s 3 pets (and house) for 6 days.  Gotta give food, water, medication, exercise, clean the litterbox, and bring in the mail and trash.  No need to water the plants, this time, I think.  There are a couple “pet spiders” on the kitchen windowsill that are a little fun to watch.   Anyway, their daughter is going off to college, in Florida.   She’s now a shark!  There’s Tiburon in the bay area (‘shark’ in spanish), and the San Jose sharks, too (a hockey team).   I haven’t been doing my daily pushups.  I should be doing them every other day, at the least.  I do 120.   I’m trying to lose my gut, but it’s still found.  And I want to read the Bloom canon, the Bill Gates recommendations, the Hugo award winners, and the Newberys…. All of Lev Grossman and Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.  I’ve got a good History of Philosophy (tome), to power through.  I want to read Wallace and The Aletheon and the World Book encyclopedia, and other large bodies of intelligent writing.  LIke the J! Archive, online.  Busy, busy -Vonnegut.   Go Slow -Belize.   Motivated! Dedicated!  Ooh Rah! - u.s. Marines.  Which reminds me, I have lots of videos and books to process, in the pursuit of preparedness in the field of ma/sd (martial arts/self-defense).   So much.   

      And nothing matters, I can just sit here, pondering the ceiling or my navel or compassion.  Or I can listen to music all day!!  Life is good.   Bodybuilding is also a worthy pursuit, but I quit the gym.  I can still put on muscle, like the prisoners do, confined to their cells - it’s doable.  And incremental improvement in mental health is always in the cards, too.  Live until you die’s the only way to stay sane - lovin’ is what I got, I said, remember that (?) .   Other projects include listening to Joe Frank, Philosophy Talk, dating, and watching Ted talks and YouTube videos, like Penn and Teller, or Ridiculousness, or Cirque, or gymnastics, or parkour.  I want to see Taiko again, maybe even go to Japan, climb Fuji or something.  I want to publish my blog, have a book of all this that I can carry around, maybe.   Do I want a cult?  I myself am in all of them!  The cult of what’s happening now!  The syncretic belief in everything!  Like a giant quantum computer that holds all possibility in superposition.  The incompatibles are at war for the label of “real.”  Well, we’ll see.   Religion is crazy, a word game, and fun, too.  A good project to escape disability.  Reality-testing.  Creativity and productivity and contribution to the collective consciousness.  Maybe, if I’m not already, I’ll actually become God!!  Gawd.  That’s kinda cool, no?  Do I want to be a cult leader?  Like Adi Da?  Hm.   No going back.  No, I guess I could pass the torch, if I wanted.   Ha.  What fun.    Thou Shalt Not Do What Thou Wilt?  That's one possibility.   Or absolute freedom, for the darling darklings.  

No comments: