Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, April 14, 2019

God

a summary of my philosophy

Many people profess to believe in God.  
Some believe in gods, plural.   There are thousands of Hindu gods, for example.
The 3 main ones are Brahma, Vishnu, and Siva (creator, preserver, destroyer, respectively).
Gods re-incarnate as avatars, so the same ones have many names.
Catholics believe in one god, the Trinity.   It’s kind of confusing.
   (The three persons of the trinity are the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit).  
Jesus said do not call me good, only God is good.
The bible says God is love, a man of war, one, and good.
Sun Tzu in the Art of War said war is the art of deception.
A cult leader who I researched (that I lived near) said “Reality is all the God there ever is.”  
I’ve also come across the definition of God as “the source of all goodness.”
The King of heaven.   An energy.  Love-bliss.  A word.  A concept.  A role.  A status.
Yahweh, Jesus, Allah, Zeus, Ra, Brahma, Krishna, Adi Da, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster
all claim to be God.   Waheguru (Sikh) and Ahura Mazda (Zoroastrian) are yet more. 
Some Buddhists worship different Buddhas as Gods, although most Buddhists see the founder as just an enlightened teacher of a philosophy relevant only to our impermanent lives, not a creator or ruler of the universe.   The Lemon.  L Ron Hubbard.  Joe Pesci.  Jah. 
One god, the father, the almighty, creator of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen.
Gods don’t die, they’re immortal.  
God wants us to be happy.  He hears our prayers.  He answers them, sometimes with miracles.   
He is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, entirely good (benevolent).
In other words, He can do anything, knows everything, is everywhere, and is infinite love.
YHWH is his name, some say.  Jehovah or Jah, by others.
I don’t think he cares.  You can call him anything.   Poseidon, or Mr. Big, or Loki or whatever.
Well, it’s something to think about.  I certainly have.

So much so, that even though I don’t believe he exists, I believe the concept can still have meaning, and be helpful.   And because I think I’m right, I’m calling myself God, as a source of truth, even though I’m certainly not claiming to be infinite, the universe, immortal, or even all that powerful.   God is still a good concept, making lives good.   And the truth is one of the highest goods.  God’s name is I AM, lol.  Love exists.  It’s good to believe the universe wants you to be happy.   It’s nice to think you might be rewarded for obeying God: “Be Good.”  A virtual reality might not objectively exist, but if it’s in your head and operative, that’s good enough!  And maybe you can be God, too, embodied in general happiness, love-bliss, and contentment.   You can make yourself and others happy.  Your philosophy can include all religions.  The human condition is universal, and we are all much more the same than we are different.  We only live once, let’s be friends.   Let’s learn ALL of our religions, be syncretists, and be members of as many cults as we can in our short lifetimes.   Seize the day!  I believe in oblivion, not a heavenly afterlife.   We can make our lives heavenly, the world heavenly, for ourselves and our children, a paradise and kingdom of god that exists for all, on earth, while alive.  Death can be happy, having lived a good life, and lived well, fully.   Life is but a dream, and who knows what dreams may come, when we have shuffled off this mortal coil…  Morpheus is the God of dreams.   So maybe God can dream up a bit of afterlife.   I can’t see how that could ever be permanent, though.    Reality has always been and will always be.   Enjoy your Ality, again!

Try to enjoy your lack of privacy.   We share our mind(s).  God hears your prayers, is another way of saying your thoughts are public, which I realize might seem crazy, but I'm schizophrenic, telepathic, in the matrix, the social construct, like everybody else.   

Cheers,

Jess

No comments: