Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, October 26, 2018

Shuhada Davitt

What does the world need to hear?

Sinead O' connor converted to Islam. Now she's Shuhada Davitt. Shoo, david! Lol.  She's learning arabic, and I guess researching whether she wants to be sunni or shia, and practicing singing the azan, the call to prayer. I'm looking forward to hearing it. I don't speak a word of arabic, though. Well, maybe a few. Bismillah Al rahman al raheem means something. Inshallah, god willing. I've listened to some recitation on itunes.  I've looked at the quran, in translation, at the bpl (berkeley public library).   Shuhada means martyrs (plural). Davitt means not O' Connor. It's irish.  Islam means submission. Allah means god. All, ah. Easy peasy. A law.   Islam, muslim, salaam, all related to slm, which is variously submission, obedience, peace, and safety.  secured and pacified. i'd rather submit to Allah than a foreign soldier trying to intimidate me with an angry dog;  not sallie mae (formerly student loan marketing), as slm can also be.  then there's also Carlos Slim, and 'slim shady'   There's St. Louis Missouri, and submarine launched missiles, and limbs (ALLAH- arm leg leg arm head!)...  is there a difference?  would a sufi ask that?  Is there a "not-God"?
God is everyone, everything, everywhere, always. The unity of reality. Sufis are the muslim mystics. Reality is a multiverse. Many realities in the One. Do all realities connect, interact?  My guess would be no. But maybe they should, and God is a concept that makes an attempt at integration. All in all is all we are, i've heard. But I don't believe that. We're all in our own heads. We're all in our own universes. We all want the best, usually the same things, for ourselves. Love.  But look at “reality”: the universe is mostly unknown, and far bigger than what we CAN know. The “known universe” is limited by the speed of light, an inability to detect the infinite beyond.

But I believe there is a degree of interpenetration, we're not entirely alone.  I believe my thoughts are not private, what most people consider prayer, I imagine, but which I think is intrusive, lack of privacy, usually.  Insanity vs. religiosity, in terms of interpretation.  Surely this thing is known.  Do you not know that you are not your own?   I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I don't know, and I'm not sure I care.  Whatever. F U. That's a University in Berlin, lol (Free University).

Actually, I do care.   I just finished The Jesuit Guide to Everything.  I just looked through it, but couldn't find what I was looking for.  But James Martin s.j. believes God can communicate with us through dreams, thoughts, feelings, rituals, sacraments, other people, etc.   Jesuits, as a rule, try to find God in all things....  cia (contemplatives in action!).   God is in the radio, tv, computer, you name it!  The world is interactive, a giant toy!  Let's pray War! remains just a card game.  Foreign Affairs has a current article titled, "Beijing's nuclear option: Why a U.S.-Chinese war could spiral out of control.'  Yikes.  I'm not sure I want to read that.  But I probably will.

Reality is all the god there ever is. 
     That's from Adi Da Samraj (founder of adidam, an interesting cult), 
I like that. If God is infinite, then of course, duh.  Although a single person could be an infinitude, all by him or herself (ever smaller).  Again, I don't know. Physicists think they do. I'm not a physicist. Planck lengths and whatnot.  My interpretation of a multiverse is psychological: multiple entities, brains, perspectives.   Have a nice day. Leave me alone. God bless. Ciao. Adios.
Hand, lamb, bully, cia, dios (god).
Ha

No comments: