Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
Ladies- I'm a single, straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 51) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Saturday, March 7, 2015

"The Nature of Existence"

2 things I learned from this library movie:
www.TheNatureOfExistence.com

1)"Particles in fact don't exist.  And so...at some level we don't exist"
-Dr. Steve Biller, Physicist
(electrons, for example, are "bumps" in a "field" of spacetime)
huh?  more explanation required!! mind-blowing, if true.
this quote was on the dvd jacket, one reason I checked it out.

2)Religion is a product of the "security of infancy"
This is a Freudian idea:  The adult belief in God is a result of programming of the unconscious while we are babies.   It works like this:  We cry for attention, and our mom or dad appears, to comfort us and give us love.  This happens thousands of times: someone"magically" appears to help us when we cry out in need.  So when we're older, we do the same thing, but now through prayer, usually.  It's just conditioning.  So religious adults are basically big babies, it sounds like he's saying.
-makes a lot of sense to me

a few other ideas i took from it:
g.o.d.: "good orderly direction" (god sounds like 'guide')
also
"don't inflict your path on others."
and
"joy is one's nature, you just need to de-husk."
and
you can look outward for meaning and purpose, or inward.
and
the same area of the brain that lights up during sex or cocaine (neurotransmitters), also brings happiness when you do something good for someone else.
and
Compassion and Honesty are at the root of all other virtues.

No comments: