Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
Ladies- I'm a single, straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 51) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Morality

Right and Wrong
Principles to keep in mind when formulating one's own Morality:

Without God, all is permitted -Dostoevsky
Wrong!

There's no UTM (universal theistic morality), when everyone is their own God...
I have my opinion, you have yours. 
I have my family, my religion, my upbringing- you have yours.
Brain chemistry and experience differ, between individuals.
there are saints and psychopaths, sociopaths, the amoral.
Even laws differ, from one society/culture to the next.
Some "Gods" have bigger corporate bodies than others.

the law in heaven vs. the law in hell?
good morality vs. bad morality?
sets of rules- better and worse?
my opinion is better than yours: logic, rationality, truth, evidence

the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do to you.
or, stated differently, don't do to others what you don't want done to yourself. (although G.B. Shaw said don't obey the gr, because people have different tastes) (aside: the real "golden rule" is he who has the gold, makes the rules)

your freedom to swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose.
self-interest vs. utilitarian most good for the most people
"all right,"  do what thou wilt
the main law being Don't Get Caught (!)
compassion and empathy, putting yourself in the shoes of the other-
the principles of equality and equal rights, justice and fairness, dictate morality
(right and wrong thinking, speech, and behavior)
the difference between illegal, criminal, unlawful
the difference between ethics and morality
 
"objective" evil: 4 cases-
1. torturing babies
(which seems to admit that there's less of an argument against the morality of torturing adults (!)
2.i would also say creating hell or 3. sending someone there, are objectively evil. 
4. and I also really really dislike nuclear weapons. 

the common denominator is pain and suffering, torment and trauma, agony misery anguish despair as bad, sinful, wicked, evil, wrong, unjust, unfair, immoral, unethical, criminal, unlawful, illegal turpitude.  Can't we all just get along?  also, premature/unnatural death

life is good! thou shalt not kill-
i think abortion is wrong.  you might disagree if you believe life has no value.  but if you, as I do, consider it killing your own baby...
a painful and premature death vs. the loving act of adoption-
a misguided, sociopathic and selfish act, needing forgiveness

No comments: