Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Prayers

3 poems elicited by my wife for my new year,
of 38 years.

Love's Philosophy by: Percy Bysshe Shelley

The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divineIn another's being mingle--
Why not I with thine?

See, the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower could be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;
--What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

I don't know what the exclusionary principle is, but it sounds like it could be behind some resentment related to the heart of this romantic poem.

Our father
Our father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil.
amen.

hail mary
Hail mary full of grace the lord is with thee
blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb jesus
holy mary mother of god pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death, amen.

I met a devotee of Adi Da today, who told me their recently deceased guru leader's book -the Aletheon- sells for 270 dollars or something. I told her it should be available for free online so it can become a sensation and have a real chance at changing the world. Get people talking about it, allow the spiritual buzz to happen over the widest area possible. My wife cut my hair yesterday, speaking of buzzes. As I was talking to her, a small snake was sighted on the FLOOR of the STORE. She warned me it might be a baby rattlesnake, and I kind of think it was, but it could have also been a small gopher snake -in any case, i put it in a bag and dumped it over the fence next to the store, to the acclaim of the 4 or 5 people in the store at the time. Most people think what I did was actually kind of stupid, but I wasn't afraid of it.

Prayers for the preyers

No comments: