Français/French Deutsch/German Italiano/Italian Português/Portuguese Español/Spanish 日本語/Japanese 한국어/Korean 中文(简体)/Chinese Simplified

Welcome!

I, God, welcome you to my blog!

The good book says only God is good, so it seems to me somebody needs to step up.

I hope you enjoy reading this, the Jesse Journal, as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Please feel free to subscribe, write me an email, request that I write about any particular topic you may want my perspective on, send a prayer, click on the charity link, or donate money to my bicycle fund! Have fun!

Your pal, Jess
L-I'm a straight, virgo/boar INTJ (age 52) who enjoys books, getting out into nature, music, and daily exercise.

(my email is JesseGod@live.com)

F.Y.I. There are about 2200 posts..

Here's a quote from Fyodor Dostoevsky to start things off right: Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Divinity Student

Definition of Divine (from dictionary.com)

–adjective (9 definitions)
1.
of or pertaining to a god, esp. the Supreme Being.
(that could be nothing for an atheist, or everything for a mystic)
(S.B. makes me think of Sara Brown, my wife; this works for a mystic atheist)

2.
addressed, appropriated, or devoted to God or a god; religious; sacred: divine worship.
(as distinct from the profane, presumably; I am antifane)
(remember, you're not supposed to use the word you're defining in the definition)

3.
proceeding from God or a god: divine laws.
(Love proceeds from Dog or a dog)

4.
godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity: divine magnanimity.
(I, Teshara, share uh...all the wisdom I find on my daily online excursions)
(I'm working on my godlike physique; a little oil to shine my heavenly body -& I'll be christened, to boot)

5.
heavenly; celestial: the divine kingdom.
(heaven backwards is 'neva, eh?') Actually, it's right now.

6.
Informal. extremely good; unusually lovely: He has the most divine tenor voice.
(you can call me Swell, Nifty, or Most Peachy; His Peachiness)

7.
being a god; being God: a divine person.
(that's what I'm talkin' bout)

8.
of superhuman or surpassing excellence: Beauty is divine.
(golly, I don't know about that...I'm blushing. S is for superman or Sara)
(My name could be an acronym for Journal of Extremely Swell and Surpassing Excellence)
(In addition to guns, drugs...G-D could also stand for Gigantic Dork, lol)

9.
Obsolete. of or pertaining to divinity or theology.
(god was the word and the word is 'the'. The study of the. the christ -> thee)

–noun (3 definitions)
10.
a theologian; scholar in religion.
11.
a priest or member of the clergy.
12.
the Divine,
a.
God.
b.
(sometimes lowercase) the spiritual aspect of humans; the group of attributes and qualities of humankind regarded as godly or godlike.

–verb (used with object) (6 definitions)
13.
to discover or declare (something obscure or in the future) by divination; prophesy.
14.
to discover (water, metal, etc.) by means of a divining rod.
15.
to perceive by intuition or insight; conjecture.
16.
Archaic. to portend.
–verb (used without object)
17.
to use or practice divination; prophesy.
18.
to have perception by intuition or insight; conjecture.

-------------

I am divine. As you are, I suspect, as well.
In this way:

9 adjectives:
1) your parents made love, love is god, they made you, you are god.
-another way to say the same: You are OF God (the creator, the father/mother)

2) appropriated to God means everything you do is a part of God's plan, you are enacting his will; this can be variously interpreted as you doing the will of other Gods, or Your Own. Jesus said you are not your own, so maybe this statement refers to you serving someone whilst unawares. Just who might (you/we) be an extension of?

3)proceeding from God... God can be seen as All of the previous History to your existence -it's kind of the inescapable flow of history/time, of which you find yourself a part of. Fate/father.

4)like a deity...made in God's image. (creationary parental genetics)

5)heavenly...(besides the ski resort, it's anywhere in heaven, which you may have failed to notice happens to be exactly where you are already, in fact. The heavens isn't just the sky, it could be any planet with life on it.

6)extremely good? Well, if not, you can start tomorrow. Or 5 minutes from now.

7)everyone creates their own reality, to a large extent, if not entirely. You are the Creator..

8)superhuman. That, unfortunately, is not very hard to do. The world is hiring superheroes to be movers and shakers so as to make change and sway the masses of sheeple. I like supergrover. Remember him?

9) if you're reading this, then you're divine in the sense of theological. Perhaps theo-illogical.

nouns
10) a scholar (and a gentleman) of theological pursuit (who isn't, really?)

11)my godfather said something awhile back about every christian is considered a member of the clergy. I don't know, though, where it says that in the buy bull.

12a) I've talked about so many ways that we're God, I'm not sure I can remember them all. There's love. You can make love. You can be love, with lovingkindness. If you're good, you're God. If you're One, you're God. That might actually have a more complex understanding to it than a first glance might lead you to conclude. Well, you're one person. Just/only one. That's easy. But maybe you're a part of SUMthing larger than yourself. One single thing, like Justice or the Body of Christ or Death. You know, like a Marine, or a Teacher. Something that defines your world, your reality. Like being American. Or an earthling. Or human. To continue, we're all light to the eyeballs of everyone that sees us, and Jesus said he was light. He said he was the way before he got crucified. Maybe he didn't see that coming. Anything alive is Jesus, cuz he said he was the life. Even though he plainly died. A little hocus-pocus there for mr. self-important to feel like he'd defeated death, it looks like to me. This doesn't make sense to me, and I must admit I've had my fill of reflecting on the big J. He's not MY life. I realize MY sums to 2, like Jesus. But I've outlived his 33 years, anyway. So, for someone who values life just by the time you get to spend alive, I've superceded the big heyzeus.

But I have been (overly, I guess) engaged with possible religious symbolism to my name. I could change my name to Harrold, or something. Then I'd just be Harry Potter, I guess (maybe I've been a bit crazy). To recap, Jesse is JSS in biblical hebrew, or Jesus in spanish, or chuy (pronounced chewy like the wafer), or Isai, or Chucho. Isa is Jesus in arabic, and I associate Cho with Margaret (my mom's name), as well as the embedded part of the word psyCHOlogy. My mom goes by Peggy T, which just evokes Egypt. Anyway, I'm not a soldier, or a Man of war, like it says God is in the old testament, but then again, the art of war is deception, and all my cogitatin' might serve some psy war purpose, I suspect. Names, shnames. A big whatever to this paragraph. A Jesse is a Jesse by any other name.

I'm not sure there is a being that can be said to be all-knowing (omniscient), all-powerful (omnipotent), everywhere (omnipresent). These things, I think, were added to the understanding of God later in His History. I don't even know what immanent and transcendant mean, to tell the truth. But I doubt I'm it. (Anyone claiming to be God should probably know, I imagine some of you are thinking). ...And since infinity shrinks me down to being a speck of oblivion already, while I live, I don't feel qualified to discuss something so Universal, despite Catholic meaning universal, and university probably meaning something equally ridiculous. Perhaps God is just the being that is MOST of these things, related to anything else we might conjecture about. I don't really know where I stand on the relative omni's, but I can assure you I am only just one person, as far as I know.

verb
As for divining, or prophesying, using intuition, and such...like seeing the future, I have some powers, I guess, when it comes to politics, perhaps. Or seeing things in dreams that relate to something the following day.

Or doing this blog, lol.

---------
What the bible says about love

To be love, or God, you can be eros, agape, or philia. sexual, fatherly/brotherly, and friend. To BE love is something more than showing love or having love for someone. This is where I draw on Buddhism for the phrase lovingkindness. That's my religion, in one word. To be God, your love should be constant. Tough love is included. Here's some of what the bible says about love:

Rom 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

10. Sol 1:16
Behold, thou [art] fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant: also our bed [is] green.

46. Mar 1:11
And there came a voice from heaven, [saying], Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jam 1:16
Do not err, my beloved brethren

Deuteronomy 6:5
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Deuteronomy 10:19
Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

John 12:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all [men] know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. Ephesians 4:32

the big quote (1 Cor 13:4):
Love is patient, love is kind.It does not envy, it does not boast,it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered,it keeps no record of wrongs.Love does not delight in evilbut rejoices with the truth.It always protects, always trusts,always hopes, always perseveres.Love never fails.

1 John 4:11-12
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any
time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. 1 John 4:11-12

No comments: